About marjaan mcdonald
I am an organized and committed new professional that excels in fast-paced environments. I have developed strong interpersonal skills specific to dealing with marginalized individuals through outreach work with community-based organizations for risk youth aged 14 to 19. I have developed the ability to analyze, evaluate and contextualize statistical information. I am a critical thinker, who problem solves, enjoys being innovative and creative. I have experience with group dynamics, managing relationships, and collaborating with a team, which is based on my five years of experience as a supervisor in a faced passed setting.
2014 - 2018
University of toronto
2018 - 2019
Bridgeway foster care
• Conducted weekly meetings, maintained detailed notes, worked directly with youth aged (14-19) from all cultural backgrounds incorporating strategies for personal development.
• worked with small groups and individual dynamics incorporating counseling techniques.
• Focused on community-based programming that consisted of targeting the difficulties that at-risk children and teenagers encounter, established strategies for individual support.
• Engaged with youth from multiple varied backgrounds; disadvantaged youth who were at risk of becoming delinquent, and minority youth within the foster care system.
• Worked directly with youth providing strategies to prevent the possibility of criminal activities, promote self-development, and help sustain a high level of self-confidence through individual and group exercises.