Finance Administrative Assistant Job Description:
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE)
Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
One-year maternity leave contract.
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE) is dedicated to addressing economic issues effecting Black youth (18-29). Our vision is to help Black youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to increase economic opportunities for Black youth living in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, supporting them in the areas of employability, social enterprise and entrepreneurship. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers, such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with law, being young parents, poverty and lack of secondary or post-secondary education. http://www.ceetoronto.com
The Finance & Administrative Assistant would ensure that expenses, mileage & invoices are submitted on time, and provide excel support for budgetary purposes. The Finance & Administrative Assistant would also oversee the efficient day-to-day operation of the CEE office, and support the work of management and other staff.
The Finance & Administrative Assistant would directly report to the Manager of Finance & Administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance & Administrative Assistant would perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Input expenses, mileage and invoices into CEE’s accounting software.
- Provide support on creating budgets
- Pulling pivots from budgets for each program
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
- Receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the CEE’s databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- Month end duties as required
- Assist with financial reports as required
- Create templates as needed
- Book, plan, support meetings
- Take meeting minutes including at staff meetings
- Update website as required and upload images to social media as required
- Open and close office when required
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet members/participants/suppliers/visitors to CEE in a professional and friendly manner
- Managing mass emails and communication
- Call participants as needed
- Support marketing of programs through emails and posting of online materials
- Order program supplies
- Prepare photocopies and handouts
- Support conducting evaluation surveys
- Other work as requested
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an office setting
- A post-secondary degree or diploma, with experience in the following fields following being an asset: business, accounting, computers, or office management
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Required proficiency in the use of typical computer programs for: Word processing, databases, e-mail, Google Calendar, Dropbox, power point presentations, social media posting under direction, sorting electronic files
- Proficiency in the use of standard office equipment
- Proficiency in basic cleric duties including ordering supplies and managing inventory
- Experience with doing basic book-keeping or the use of accounting software
- Knowledge of Word Press websites
- Knowledge of Graphic Design software
- Previously worked in a social service agency.
The Finance & Administrative Assistant should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of CEE.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of CEE.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Adhere to the anti-oppressive policies of CEE
- Show a commitment to the values of CEE
Job Posting Deadline: March 31, 2019, 5:30PM
Please include Cover Letter, Resume and 3 References
Application submission via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: First Name , Last Name- Finance Administrative CEE
Attention: Shereen Ashman