Hot desk booking policy
We appreciate that different people use our office space differently; some of us are in the office throughout the week, while others might be working from home or meeting with clients.
With this in mind, we would like to introduce hot desking for those of us who don’t need a specific desk as part of our job.
In addition to the ability to work flexibly, we feel hot desking will help us make the most of our office space, create a medium of access and increase team interaction as we continue to grow.
Each hot desk area will have:
- Working Area – Desk and Chair with electrical plug access
- Anti-bac wipes
- Recycle bins and shredders for confidential waste
- Baggage Cabinets
- Lockers for rent – (limited amount)
We recognize that everyone will accumulate items that they will need at work but that don’t want to be carried around or would usually go safely in a desk drawer –lockers will be available to keep these items safe.
How to book your hot desk
Several desks will be allocated to hot desking; you will be able to identify them by (Scanning the QR Code to secure the workspace).
We have set up a booking system (Microsoft Bookings) to check availability and book desks in advance. You will also be able to book meeting rooms using this system.
Hot Desk Hours 9 am – 6 pm
Hot desk etiquette
Here are some tips to ensure everyone gets the most out of hot desking:
- Booking desks are on a first-come, first-served basis
- Make sure you are using the booking system to reserve a desk; priority will be given to those who have an approved reservation
- Remember to cancel your booking if your plans change and you are no longer going to be in the office (no shows without cancelling will count as day used)
- Be considerate and respectful to others;
- On busy days consider giving up your space if you are going to be away from your desk for a while or go to a meeting
- Take calls or at desk conversations into meeting rooms in quiet environments
- Adjust the chairs, screens, and laptop stands to ensure you are comfortable and safe while working
- Use the lockers provided to keep personal items or confidential papers safe
- Ensure you keep the desk clean after use; anti-bac wipes will be available
If you have recurring issues with availability or use of desk space please discuss this with our front office coordinator.