Job ID 25150
Role: Full Time Position (Summer Contract from May – August 2020)
Direct Supervisor: Programs Manager
The CEE Centre For Young Black Professionals is a charity dedicated to addressing economic and social barriers affecting black youth (18-29 years). We offer programs to improve their careers, education and empowerment (CEE) that are holistic, person-centered and culturally relevant. Based in Toronto, we work to strengthen the social service sector in the city by providing training in areas of responsive programming, trauma-informed care and cultural competence to front-line workers.
The CEE Youth Case Worker will work as part of an integrated team to provide social support to current and alumni members of CEE’s Program. Partnering with a CEE Social Worker, the Youth Case Worker helps to ensure that our client members are supported in addressing social barriers which they may be facing. This includes case management, group support, connecting participants to community resources, accompanying them to referrals when required, workshop presentations and participating in-class during CEE’s programs.
● Share a caseload of 22 active program members with the Social Worker (MSW)
● Meet with members to support their ongoing needs during their job placements.
● Connect members with needed community resources, accompanying them when required.
● Follow-up with members and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of referral.
● Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with members into the CEE database.
● Ensure that all documents submitted on behalf of members are valid.
● Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested.
● Deliver workshops on a bi-weekly basis while CEE programs are in session.
● Support in the development of health and wellness related workshops.
● Attend CEE’s Mastermind Alumni group.
Outreach Marketing and Promotions
● Market the program to youth in the city of Toronto, which includes: flyer drops, social media promotions, gaining referrals from community partners and direct registration of participants
● Promote program by conducting presentations in agencies
● Work with the program team to screen and interview applicants
● Support the Program Manager in recruiting volunteers, facilitators and/or expert professionals needed for delivery of the program’s content
● Update Programs and Social Support sections of the CEE website as requested
● Other tasks as assigned by the Programs Manager.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume as a single Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following subject line for your e-mail: YOUR NAME – Youth Worker Summer