At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
CTV News Toronto is growing its team of journalists. We are looking to hire an experienced writer who is excited about journalism both on conventional broadcast and on digital, and thrives in a live, breaking news environment. Writing quickly and correctly is essential to the job, as is strong news judgement. The successful candidate understands the power of video – working to generate original stories and accompanying content across all platforms.
- The writer will be responsible for writing clear, concise, accurate, interesting stories for all broadcasts and producing them with accompanying video, graphics, clips and font
- Pitch ideas for original reporting, with an eye for execution across multiple platforms
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards of all material they are responsible for
- Identifying local, provincial, federal and international stories
- Possible digital writing
- Weekend and early morning/evening shifts as assigned and required
- Participate in news editorial meetings
- Keep on top of trends and the latest digital innovations
- Degree in Journalism
- Must have an excellent command of the English language and an ability to write accurate and engaging copy
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Experience copy editing and proofreading written content
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ journalism experience in a news operation
- Experience with television production is an asset
- Familiarity with newsroom management systems (e.g. iNews) is an asset
- An understanding of Toronto and the GTA, their communities and politics
- An attitude that acknowledges the news industry continues to evolve and a demonstrated buy-in of modern news gathering and delivery techniques