Are you passionate about curriculum development as well as career development? Do you have the right lens and the passion to understand the diverse needs of Black Canadian communities? Do you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and innovative environment where no workday is exactly the same?
We want to meet you! The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is seeking a Curricula Design Consultant to join our talented team of career development experts.
Your role is to lead the development of a new CEE Program focused on Junior Underwriting within the insurance industry. This will be a part of our ongoing workforce development programming that is tailored towards the particular needs of Black Canadian Young Professionals.
The successful applicant post-hire will participate in a training/consult with industry experts around the components of the program curriculum they will create.
As a Curricula Design Consultant, you will:
- Set out the principles and purpose of the Junior Underwriting program and curriculum in partnership with our Funding Partners in the sector
- Develop specific learning objectives for students of the program
- Design content and materials of the curriculum
- Work with staff on program design, delivery and evaluation tools
- Regularly review, assess, and evaluate the effectiveness of the program and curriculum
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who:
- Possesses a background/degree/diploma/experience in hands-on design and development of Curriculum/Instructional program design that integrates different genres and media
- Has excellent experience in designing, developing, and implementing effective curricula and educational materials
- Experience with data collection and analysis
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the application of adult learning principles
- Has extensive knowledge of curriculum theories and practices, and methods of curriculum research, preparation and evaluation
- Has a strong understanding of the Canadian labour market
- Has a strong background in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and/or Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression work
- Strong understanding of the distinct needs and cultures and histories of Black Canadian people.
- Possesses strong written, verbal, and digital communication skills
- Has an organized, realistic, and detail-oriented approach to their work tasks
- Thrives in an innovative and deadline driven environment
- Enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic, and growth-minded team
Who we are:
The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is a Toronto based charity that is dedicated to addressing the economic and social barriers that affect Black youth ages 14 and over who are not in employment, education, or training (NEET).
Our mission is to create a society and economy in which Black youth achieve financial prosperity and high quality of life for themselves and their families to contribute to the advancement of Canada
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com by March 5th, 2021 at 5pm EST.
Please state ‘Underwriting Curricula Design Consultant’ in the subject line of your email.
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.