Reports to: Manager, Community Crisis Responders
Location: Remote (Work from home role, must have reliable internet access)
Shift Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
As a Texting Coach, your role is to ensure that Crisis Responders receive high quality support in a timely way and that all Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for texting services are met or exceeded.
This is a new service for Kids Help Phone and unique in Canada. Incumbents will be able to provide feedback into the development of this new service. Additionally, there will be some opportunities to promote this new service through public presentations or attending events. Some travel will be required for training.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
The Texting Coach provides feedback to Crisis Responders concerning their crisis intervention skills, develops and supervises performance management plans, and collaborates with Texting Supervisors to ensure reliable, consistent, and well-rounded support for continued volunteer success and advancement. All services are provided in accordance with the mission, vision values and established protocols of the Company.
Since this is a work from home role, candidates must have access to:
- Stable telephone and internet access.
- Work space that supports confidentiality and minimizes distractions.
What You’ll Need
- A degree or diploma in teaching or a relevant applied social science
- Minimum 2 years experience with teaching or coaching using technology, and minimum 1 year of crisis support experience preferred
- Bilingualism (English + French) must have
- Preferred to possess an acceptable “Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check” prior to starting employment.
You’ll already have the following:
- Experience working remotely
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Communication skills and problem solving strategies
- Knowledge of laws and services affecting the lives of Canadian children and youth
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the team
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled:* lastname_firstname_BilingualTextingCoach*
The posting closes on midnight June 14, 2021.