Job ID 21889
We are looking for a highly motivated and self driven professional services sales representative excited to engage in full-cycle sales.
As a Technical Sales Representative, your sound knowledge in software development processes and geospatial technologies help you effectively communicate the value of Sparkgeo’s professional services to potential clients.
As a creative problem solver and purveyor of new ideas and perspectives, you are driven to understand client pain points and, in collaboration with the development team, guide clients to meaningful technical solutions that address their business needs.
Your outstanding interpersonal skills propel you to proactively develop new relationships with potential clients, while also strengthening long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline, with a focus on new business development and account management
- Identify and qualify new sales opportunities through a variety of methods, including cold-calling, networking, and market research
- Create and deliver compelling presentations, proposals, and other materials to illustrate value of services to potential clients
- Participate in physical and virtual industry events including trade shows and conferences
- Work closely with the software development team to understand the capabilities and offerings of Sparkgeo, to effectively communicate with and educate potential clients
- Work with project managers to develop service costs and deliver quotes to clients
- Negotiate and close sales deals, and manage the sales process from start to finish
- Meet or exceed sales quotas and targets
- Prepare and administer sales contracts and maintain customer records
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and provide ongoing support
Experience & Knowledge
- 2+ years of experience in professional services sales, with a focus on software development and data science
- Strong understanding of software development processes and software implementation
- Good understanding of geospatial technology, or a keen interest to learn.
- Proven track record of success in software development services sales to a variety of industries, with a focus on building long-term relationships with clients
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation abilities
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Have a passion for understanding customer’s business challenges and opportunities and matching solutions to their requirements
- Ability to succinctly articulate complex technical solutions
- Work is predominantly performed in a home office environment with standard office equipment, such as a computer
- Frequent travel within Canada and occasional international travel to attend in-person events/meetings
- Occasional work outside regular business hours required to meet the needs of clients
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
About the team
Sparkgeo has a small but dedicated business development team focused on delivering custom geospatial software solutions to our clients and continuing the growth trajectory of our organisation. As a Technical Sales Representative, you will be working with and reporting to the VP of Business Development on all sales initiatives. On a day-to-day basis, you will work closely with our team of project managers and technical experts to create solutions to the client problems you uncover during your sales activities.
What Is Not Required For This Role
- A degree
- Every skillset
- $60,000 – $70,000 per annum
- Work remotely within Canada
- Flexible scheduling
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits for you and your dependents
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Generous PTO, including starting 4 weeks of vacation per year
- Unlimited Udemy courses
- Matching retirement plan
- Yearly office expense allowance
- In-person company meet-up (this year it’s in Banff!)
We encourage all people, from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We’re a diverse group of people looking to work with others with diverse perspectives.
More about Sparkgeo
Visit our Jobs page to learn more about who we are, and how we work.
Who and how we hire
You do not need to check every single one of these boxes. We hire anyone who is curious, willing to learn and likes to work remote and autonomously, yet in a team setting.
Sparkgeo provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities; including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Should you need assistance, please contact People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation during the interview process are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for interview.