Job ID 20460
Technical Program Manager
The Technical Program Manager for the AI Engineering team at the Vector Institute will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of Applied AI and Research Engineering programs. This individual will work closely with a team of Machine Learning Specialists and Applied ML Scientists to ensure that project goals and objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and implement strategic vision for programs, including focus theme, timelines, budgets, and resource allocation
- Coordinate the work of AI Engineering team and key stakeholders, including but not limited to Vector researchers and staff as well as external stakeholders, ensuring that tasks are completed on schedule and that program goals are met
- Monitor project progress and provide regular updates to stakeholders, including senior management and external partners
- Identify and resolve any technical or operational challenges that may arise during the course of the project
- Collaborate with other teams and departments within the Vector Institute to ensure that projects are integrated into the broader organizational strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, including academic institutions, government agencies, and industry partners
- Help to identify new opportunities for Applied AI research and development and support the growth of the AI Engineering team at the Vector Institute.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical project management, preferably in the field of AI or machine learning
- Strong understanding of AI technologies and their applications
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and identify opportunities for innovation and growth.
- Experience working with AI technologies and a deep understanding of the Applied AI research and development landscape is highly desirable.
- Experience working with productivity tools such as ClickUp, Asana, Jira, etc
HOW TO APPLY
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Sameera Ali, Talent Acquisition Specialist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is February 3,2023.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.