Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Team Lead – Quality Evaluation Specialist
Position: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Manager – Quality, Training and Knowledge Translation
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
As the Team Lead – Quality Evaluation Specialist at Kids Help Phone, you will support the Quality Assurance Program in the Counselling Operations Branch by conducting ongoing quality evaluations of client contact sessions.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
As the Team Lead of the Quality Evaluation Specialists, you will ensure that the services provided by Kids Help Phone Quality Evaluation Team is of the highest quality; managed fairly; reported consistently and meets the requirements of Kids Help Phone’s Guidelines for: Conducting Quality Evaluations of Counsellor Contact Sessions. You are a leader who can ensure that the team is supported and led, to provide high quality review in an organization that is always evolving and changing to meet the needs of young people.
What You’ll do
- Develop, design and implement data collection procedures and measurement tools to support Support team in completing evaluations of counselling contact sessions in accordance with standards and guidelines
- In collaboration with the Manager of Quality, Training and Knowledge Translation, develop a yearly work plan
- Assure daily/monthly workflow is achievable and in line with deliverables
- Prepare monthly evaluation matrix and tracking sheets
- Report key counselling quality metrics
- Support development of Quality Assurance standards, guidelines, processes and procedures
- Provide supervision for Quality Evaluation Specialists
- Complete annual Performance Appraisals for Evaluation Specialists
- Support hiring and onboarding of new Quality Evaluation Specialists
- Facilitate monthly Quality Assurance section team meeting
- Prepare and distribute monthly quality data reporting to stakeholders
- Convene Quality Assurance Committee upon request by Counselling Managers to generate suggestions for professional development
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant post-secondary education and experience in Counselling Services
- Two years of relevant administrative work and experience working as Counsellors, Counselling Managers, Directors etc.
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset.
- Possess an acceptable “Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check” prior to starting employment.
- Possess a current “Police Reference Check” prior to starting employment.
You’ll already have the following:
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice and quality improvement
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Visit https:// https://kidshelpphone.ca/get-involved/about-us/careers
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled:* lastname_firstname_Team Lead Quality Evaluation Specialist*
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at www.kidshelpphone.ca
The position will be posted until midnight June 21, 2021.