Strides Toronto is a multi-service agency providing a wide range of exceptional programs and services that improve the mental, social, and physical health of infants, children, and youth from the pre-natal stage to age 29, and their families. With a range of community, residential and treatment services our work helps to strengthen social and emotional well-being, for culturally diverse clients to move forward through adversity and develop abilities and skills to reach their full potential. We provide individual, group and family interventions that include mental health counselling, autism services, education, outreach and referral, early intervention, day treatment and community support. To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.stridestoronto.ca.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Systems Administrator is a full-time permanent position that supports the configuration and maintenance of the Organization’s technology systems. This role ensures that system performance and security meet the needs of the organization and the end users and minimizes interruptions and downtime. They support both Datacenter Services and end-users by ensuring they have the necessary accesses, devices and required applications, and provide timely resolution to support requests.
Benefits: Competitive Group Health Benefits, Retirement Savings Plan.
Other: There are 2 positions available.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- We provide opportunities for growth and professional development.
- We have a diverse and inclusive work environment with staff who speak multiple languages and dialects.
- We are committed to providing an equitable and inclusive environment where our team members and clients can thrive.
- We set high standards for performance, client outcomes, and implement best practices, which are demonstrated through our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Accreditation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Administer the organization’s technology infrastructure, including Virtualization, Server, SAN, and Networking, runs efficiently and securely to meet the performance requirements of staff and clients.
- Administer and maintain Strides’s Active Directory, Server OS, and related Server Services such as DNS, DHCP, GPO’s, & Security Groups
- Administer and maintain Strides’ Microsoft 365 cloud environment, including Mail, SharePoint, & Azure.
- Enable the productivity of end users through timely deployment and upgrade of devices and resolution to user requests for device, application or system issues.
- Monitor and maintain Backup jobs and systems to ensure data and systems are protected
- Install, configure and support desktop applications support (Microsoft 365, Zoom, Teams, VPN, Antivirus, VPN, Browsers, Productivity Applications, etc.)
- Configure and setup laptops, workstations, phones and mobile devices for staff
- Perform system updates to ensure optimal functionality, performance and security for all infrastructure systems
THE “MUST HAVES”
The following education, professional memberships and knowledge are a requirement for this role:
- Completion of College or University Program in a computer related field
- 3 years of related experience
- Experience and skills with Infrastructure, AD, Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft 365, Antivirus, VPN and other security concepts
- Awareness of the role of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and within the community being served by the position.
- An understanding of Anti-Black Racism, anti-oppressive/anti-racism perspective in the context of the social determinants of health when working with clients and their families.
- Ability to recognize and identify situations where incidents of and imbalance of power and privilege may occur and can result in possible negative impacts for the client.
THE ‘NICE TO HAVES’
While not required, preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Knowledge of privacy legislation including: PHIPA, PIPEDA
- Knowledge of the cultural diversity of communities served by the agency.
- Fluency in another language(s), including sign language.
BEFORE STARTING WITH US
As our work puts us in direct contact with youth and vulnerable persons in our community, with health and safety as a priority, the successful candidate must complete or obtain the following before commencement of their employment:
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or have received an exemption from the organization’s policy.
- A Vulnerable Sector police check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your demonstrated education, certification (if applicable), working and related volunteer experience and how you meet specific requirements for this position, and any additional considerations you deem appropriate. The application deadline is May 14, 2022.
Strides Toronto is an equal opportunity employer. We benefit from diversity of lived experiences in the workplace and encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the range of cultures represented in the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Strides Toronto’s own policies, requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.