SUBMISSIONS ASSISTANT (2 positions)
Film Office, Film Programming Division
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Film Office, the Submissions Assistant will be responsible for administrative tasks relating to film submissions, film invitations, applicable digital material collection and data responsibility for TIFF ‘21.
- Receiving, processing and cataloguing all Festival submissions, including creating and maintaining accurate database records
- Communicating with submitters, providing information and troubleshooting advice clearly and accurately, as needed
- Directing solicited submissions to the appropriate member of the Programming team in a timely manner
- Facilitating submission processes and workflows amongst Submissions and Programming staff
- Disseminating official notification letters
- Auditing completed Festival invitation forms and ensuring accurate data transfer
- Assisting with data entry and proofing Festival Film schedule for publications & online, as needed
- Managing Festival Invitations and Materials inboxes
- Assisting with Material Change Notifications
- May 17, 2021 – August 27, 2021
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including a keen eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Precise memory for names, positions, companies and situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a focus on phone manner and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computers and applications, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to handle difficult situations with aplomb and grace
- Experience using relational databases (Artifax experience is an asset, but is not required)
- Experience with a film festival or film industry is an asset
- Fluency in a second language considered an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please paste your resume into text box, and upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, before the deadline of TUESDAY, APRIL 20, 2021.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time.TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at email@example.com or 416-599-8433 x2013. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.