Req Id: 268742
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: CTV Rights Specialist
Location: 299 Queen St W, Toronto (ON)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: Regular Full-Time from Monday to Friday
The CTV Programming department has an opportunity for an individual with a sharp eye for detail and a willingness to learn. Working within the Rights Management team, this position entails a broad mix of responsibilities and requires a flexible, self-starter who is keen to be immersed in an agile, team-based environment. Reporting to the Manager, Rights Management, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze license agreements; summarize and disseminate negotiated terms to various internal execution teams; respond to inquires related to contractual rights & restrictions
- Data entry of contractual details and parameters into a master database, as well as a number of Excel reports. Ensure consistency and accuracy of all details
- Develop a strong understanding of broadcast schedules (including US network and Bell Media schedules) to help support the execution and maximization of rights
- Flag potential rights issues and contractual restrictions before content goes to air
- Liaise with Acquisitions, Legal, and Business Affairs departments to confirm contractual details
- Work with Digital and various Programming & Execution teams to understand program strategy and ensure rights availability
- Support the Manager, Rights Management in confirming rights for execution on internal & external sites & apps, including promotional content on social media platforms
- Become the Rights Management expert in CTV specials and events
- Track availability and execution of ancillary rights
- Work with Rights Management and IT to improve and maintain rights systems and reports, as well as administer any systems & data testing
- Support the Rights Management team in day to day activities
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma from a media-based program or equivalent experience
- Business Affairs, Rights Management, and/or Contract Administration background with working knowledge and solid understanding of broadcast license agreements
- Minimum of one year media industry experience with a strong understanding of various media platforms and rights definitions
- Familiarity with Rights Management software (Media Maestro, Rights Logic, Jaguar, etc.) and/or broadcast scheduling software (IBMS, Broadview, Axis, etc.)
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills, including the ability to articulate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Analytical and problem solving skill set
- Strong attention to detail; ideal candidate would be someone who regularly triple checks information and is able to catch issues and discrepancies
- Confidence in learning new systems and is comfortable working in databases
- Aptitude to multi-task and capable of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Able to work independently, as well as collaborate in a team environment, with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 09/24/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.