EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT CEE
Title: Social Worker
Full-time, 1 year renewable contract
Salary $50,000- $65,000 Annually
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE) is dedicated to addressing economic issues effecting Black youth (14 – 29 years old). Our vision is to help Black youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to increase economic opportunities for Black youth living in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, supporting them in the areas of employability, social enterprise and entrepreneurship. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with law, being young parents, poverty and lack of secondary or post-secondary education.
Under the direction of the Social Support Manager and in consultation with the Clinical Support Worker, the CEE Social Worker will work as part of an integrated team to provide psycho-social supports to current members and alumni of CEE’s Programs. The duties performed by CEE’s Social Worker vary depending on program needs and range from providing one-to-one support with the members to facilitating health and wellness workshops. As part of a small, integrated team, the Social Worker may be asked at times to support in the shared work of coordinating CEE’s Career programs and taking on special projects.
- Be a member of, and in good standing with OCSWSSW
- Knowledge and experience of working within an anti-oppression and anti-racist framework
- Possess an understanding of the impacts of trauma, anti-Black racism and social determinants of health and how they manifest in Black youth
- Be eclectic in their professional practice model
- Some experience working with participants with mental health and/or substance use
- A proven ability to work with Black youth living in priority neighborhoods
- A proven ability to mentor, coach or train individuals
- The ability to build partnerships with community agencies and partner organizations
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and related software
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Personal commitment to the values and mission of CEE
- Master’s degree in Social Work preferred
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Attend program overnight retreats
- Be present in-class to build rapport with members virtually and online as required.
- Coordinate social work services and referrals between CEE and other agencies.
- Effective verbal and written communication with members, the community, staff, program partners and the general public
- Conduct intakes and biopsychosocial assessments according to organizational standards
- Provide direct coaching services to members
- Establish referral networks/linkages with outside agencies for members and their families when appropriate
- Track member’s movement and successes in program and follow up on all referrals made
- Coordinate programs in their entirety
- Create Health is Wealth workshop content
- Facilitate workshops to members, staff and community
- Provide crisis management support to members in consultation with the Managers and CEE team. Also responsible to deliver services in ways that minimize crisis escalation and victimization.
- Maintain a safe space for members, operating from trauma informed, anti-Black racism and anti-oppression lens
- Support members during their placement
- Supervise placement students from SSW, BSW and MSW programs
In Consultation with other CEE team members:
- Refine and implement program policies around the promotion of healthy lifestyles and the management of crisis situations
- Support development/re-development of intake form, participant needs assessment, and retreat Health is Wealth workshops.
- Support overall program design and content creation.
- Support in overall coordination of the program, which at times may include: support around recruitment of program members and community engagement, support around booking venues or speakers if required and supporting logistics for events held for our members.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Worker as the subject heading
Application deadline March 31, 2021.
We thank all applicants. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.