CEE Center for Young Black Professionals
Social Supports Manager
Full-time, 1 year renewable contract
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE) is dedicated to addressing economic issues affecting Black youth (18 – 29 years old). Our vision is to help Black youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to increase economic opportunities for Black youth living in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, supporting them in the areas of employability, social enterprise and entrepreneurship. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with law, being young parents, poverty and lack of secondary or post-secondary education.
Under the direction of the Operations Director, the CEE Social Supports Manager is responsible for the delivery of counselling/case management services to clients, overseeing the intake process, supervising practicum students, volunteer and social workers and caseworkers and being an active member of the management team.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all client intakes, assigning new clients to current
social workers, volunteer social workers and practicum students
- Delegating to assigned staff when absent
- Recruit, train, support and supervise current social workers, volunteer
social workers and practicum students
- Provide clinical counselling to clients
- Regularly meet with clinical staff to engage, support, mentor and develop
- Social workers’ roles with clients (individual and group supervision)
- Actively supervise and mentor current social workers, volunteer social workers
and practicum students
- Responsible for developing the case management/ support services framework for all programs including development of curricula in conjunction with the programs team.
- Provide training and supervision, develop and adapt additional programs
- Seek out new opportunities for delivering existing CEE programs, and
development of others
- Provide monthly reports and analysis to the Operations Director & Executive Director
- Contribute to financial planning regarding services
- Work with the Program Managers to implement strategic goals related to the clinical components
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Operations Director and other members of the management team.
Master’s Degree in social worker or related discipline
- Strong social work and supervisory skills
- Proven organizational skills in managing client caseloads
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Advanced people management skills
- 5-7 years experience in social work, 2-3 years supervisory
Please submit your applications by June 3, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST
Please put the following in the subject line: Social Supports Manager
Thank you to all applicants however only short-listed individuals will be contacted.