CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals (CEE) is dedicated to addressing economic issues affecting Black youth (18 – 29 years old). Our vision is to help Black youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to increase economic opportunities for Black youth living in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, supporting them in the areas of employability, social enterprise and entrepreneurship. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with law, being young parents, poverty and lack of secondary or post-secondary education.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Note: This role requires a Masters of Social Work and /or a Psychotherapist degree that allows for supervision of social workers and psychotherapists
- Responsible for all client intakes, assigning new clients to current social workers, volunteer social workers and practicum students
- Delegating to assigned staff when absent
- Recruit, train, support and supervise current social workers, volunteer social workers and practicum students
- Provide clinical counselling to clients
- Regularly meet with clinical staff to engage, support, mentor and develop
- Social workers’ roles with clients (individual and group supervision)
- Actively supervise and mentor current social workers, volunteer social workers and practicum students
- Responsible for developing the case management/ support services framework for all programs including development of curricula in conjunction with the programs team.
- Provide training and supervision, develop and adapt additional programs accordingly
- Seek out new opportunities for delivering existing CEE programs, and development of others
- Provide monthly reports and analysis to the Operations Director & Executive Director
- Contribute to financial planning regarding services
- Work with the Program Managers to implement strategic goals related to the clinical components
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Operations Director and other members of the management team.
- Master’s Degree in social worker or related discipline
- Strong social work and supervisory skills
- Proven organizational skills in managing client caseloads
- Effective verbal and written communications Advanced people management skills
- 5-7 years experience in social work, 2-3 years supervisory
To apply: Please e-mail your cover letter and resume as a Word or PDF document to email@example.com
Please use the following subject line for your e-mail: YOUR NAME – Social Supports Manager
CEE is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. We are also committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.