Job ID 21770
SOCIAL MEDIA PRODUCER
Brand & Media (Content)
Reporting to the Social Media Content Manager, the Social Media Producer is responsible for content creation to support year-round and Festival programming and priorities across TIFF’s social media channels.
The right candidate excels in on-the-spot thinking, has excellent verbal and written skills, strong community management skills, a deep passion for film, and is immersed in social media trends and pop culture with strong professional intuition to know when to jump on trending meme formats to create consistent, high-impact content.
- Develop best-in-class social content across all social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Letterboxd, Pinterest, TikTok) as assigned by Social Media Content Manager to support year-round programming, Festival, and organizational initiatives to meet or exceed performance and audience growth KPIs.
- Lead social media coverage for in-person and digital events including live tweeting, event photography, and content capture, as assigned.
- Support production of Twitter Moments, Letterboxd lists, and Instagram Guides with a strong curatorial eye and attention to detail.
- Assist other members of the team with proofreading, fact-checking and publishing content pieces across our social media channels.
- Support other social media initiatives and projects as needed.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging social media trends, best practices, and strategies that will inform TIFF’s social strategy.
JOB GRADE & SALARY:
- Job Grade 2
TARGET START DATE:
- April 3, 2023
- Degree or diploma in film, advertising, communications or digital media is an asset (but not required).
- Must have a love and curiosity around film, filmmaking and a strong understanding of the film industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing large social audiences and driving social performance.
- Previous experience working in the film and entertainment industry is an asset.
- Experience working with talent, or on red carpets an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in data-driven social media execution across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Letterboxd, and TikTok.
- Working understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills balanced with a playful, meme-y social media voice and acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of established and emerging social platforms (and how they can be utilized to the benefit of brand and business).
- Creative thinker with endless ideas, coupled with a passion for social media and film.
- Experience in content creation, optimization and adaptation in nimble industry or space.
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends during peak periods leading up to and during the Festival.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8, 2023.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.