OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sports culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful change.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
$20/hour for 10 hours a week
- Boost our online presence, and manage our social media platforms
- Assist in the management and implementation of our quarterly editorial calendar
- Own the responsibility for upgrading our social media strategy including tone, voice, the purpose of each channel, frequency etc
Editorial Calendar Management
- In collaboration with the Communications Manager, you will learn to design and execute on a monthly editorial calendar. This will include identifying key awareness dates and social media holidays, managing the content repository and rolling out brand messaging and promotions on various platforms including Instagram, Linked In, Youtube etc.
Content Curation and Creation
- Content is Queen! You have your eye on the latest social media trends, learning which tools to monitor and make recommendations on how Fast and Female should create content and digital events that are of high value to our online audiences. That could mean blogs, that could mean Twitter chats, that could mean webinars, that could mean a podcast. Sometimes this does mean throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks. We’re looking to add as much value to our audience as we can but don’t want to limit the creativity of our next teammate. Try new things, look at the analytics and let the results drive the strategy.
Social Media Engagement
- You will be engaging with our target audiences online, including donors, athletes, parents/guardians/coaches of young girls in sports. That could mean via Instagram, Linked In, Twitter, Clubhouse, etc. Question for us on Twitter? You’re able to respond in a timely manner. We’ve been tagged in a throwback photo on Instagram? You share a thoughtful comment that matches our organization’s tone of voice and encourages them to keep engaging.
Analytics and Reporting
- Each social media platform has its own analytics dashboard and insights. You will learn how to keep track of key metrics, identify what this data is telling us about our online audience’s behaviour and interests, and constantly suggest updates to our social media and content strategy based on these insights. In collaboration with the Communications Manager, we will develop monthly analytics presentations, summarizing the performance for the month, learnings and next steps. You will also learn the inner workings of Google Analytics, ultimately work towards a certification and being proficient in Google Analytics and Google Ads (if this is of interest to you).
- Act as a liaison between our digital community members and the internal team, you will listen to what is going on in the Canadian sports world in relation to girls and women in sports. That means immersing yourself in all things women’s-sports. That means identifying people of interest and influence in the sports world, and researching and learning what they care about.
|DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
||DESIRED WORK STYLE
- Ability to work up to 10 hours per week – flexible hours set by you
- Location: Remote, work from anywhere