SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN (2 POSITIONS)
Brand & Media
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
The Social Media Assistant will report to the Social Media Content Manager and Press & Industry Manager and will work closely with all members of the team to assist in the production of social media content for the Festival. This role will also assist in online community management and engagement.
- Assist Social Media Producers in the production of social media content to support the Festival, including copy editing, media sourcing, image editing, fact-checking, video uploading, and research.
- Assist in online community management, including engaging with online audiences, fielding customer relations questions, and monitoring online sentiment across social media inboxes.
- Assist in social media coverage of both online and in-person events.
- Work closely with other members of the social media team to deliver on robust campaigns and deadlines.
RATE OF PAY:
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
- July 11 to September 18, 2022 (including some evening and weekends)
- Must have a love and curiosity around film, filmmaking and/or the film industry.
- Familiarity with social media trends and best practices.
- A balance of strong grammar and communications skills, and a playful, meme-y social media voice.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work and respond well in fast-paced and high pressure environments with a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends during peak periods leading up to the Festival.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of SUNDAY, JUNE 5, 2022
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at email@example.com or 416-599-8433 x2013. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.