CEE Centre for Young Black). Our vision is to help Back youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to advance the economic and social development of Black youth facing multiple barriers to employment. We achieve career development and job readiness using holistic, person-centered and culturally relevant programs and services. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with the law, being young parents, poverty an lack of secondary or post secondary education. By ensuring the development of relevant and meaningful services and supports, we are working alongside the youth we serve to achieve emotional and financial freedom through Careers, Education and Empowerment (CEE).
The Social Media Account Coordinator create, execute and maintain a strong online presence for CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals. Your role is to implement online marketing strategies through social media accounts. As a Social media coordinator, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brand. Ultimately, you should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement, aligned with broader marketing strategies. You will be working closely with our full-time Social Media Account Coordinator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Social Media Creation
- Develop Social Media Content (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter) to promote CEE and its programs
- Support in developing social media digital diary campaign
- Support in developing Social Media Brand Strategy and Execution
- Engage with followers and curate new followers to grow CEE social media followers.
Scheduling, and Platform Community Growth)
- Use of Facebook/Instagram/ Twitter/ Mail Chimp to promote CEE programs and registration
- Social Media Monthly Analytics and Reporting
Marketing and Promotions
- Support in updating office website and Linkedn profile
- Support in developing online marketing tools (flyer and content) for programs
- Lead staff around weekly updates for social media, will work in collaboration with Program Manager and Operations Manager to ensure overall marketing strategy for CEE is successful
- Manages special projects or other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director, Operations Manager and/or Programs Manager
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field (an asset)
- 1-3 years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus
Please ensure that the RESUME you upload is in PDF format.
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us by email (email@example.com).
Please click “Apply to this Job” or copy the link below: