Job ID 14963
Shelter Supervisor – Multiple Sites
We are currently seeking a Supervisor for multiple Homes First sites. The position may be on any shift and for any site, and including weekends.
The salary for this role is $66,500 (annual).
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
APPLICANTS MUST QUOTE “SS-M”
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
• Supervise a unionized workforce within the context of the Collective Agreement.
• Provide case management expertise and support to Shelter Staff
• Provide brief crisis counseling, information and referrals for applicants who cannot be placed immediately
• Develop and implement programs focused on the optimization and continuous improvement of the performances and practices
• Manage employee performance and perform necessary administrative duties such as vacation planning, timekeeping, performance reviews, etc.
• Implement and maintain a system for collecting relevant statistics needed for evaluations report and funding proposals
• Manage city operated database, case management system and billing system
• Ensure effective communications with other departments within Homes First Society as well as with external agencies
• Prioritize and assign shift responsibilities and duties to team members
• Develop individualized case plans with designated participants and help participants achieve their goals
• Ensure that all documentation is completed to agency standards
• Be able to work occasional weekends and/or evenings, when required
• Be able to fulfill any element of Shelter Staff job description on an as needed basis
• Be willing and able to carry 24-hour emergency pager on rotation
• Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
• Other responsibilities, as required
• Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent in education and experience
• At least 5 years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and dealing with addictions and mental illness
• Demonstrated experience performing assessment, advocacy, referral and case management functions and ability to effectively prioritize work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
• Supervisory experience in a unionized setting an asset
• Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines; including the Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board
• Knowledge of resources and services available in the community
• Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills
• Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
• The successful candidate will be required to work where smoking is present.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required. The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.