Job ID 22183
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals(CEE) is dedicated to addressing economic issues effecting Black youth. Our vision is to help Black youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to increase economic opportunities for Black youth living in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, supporting them in the areas of employability, social enterprise and entrepreneurship. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers, such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with law, being young parents, poverty and lack of secondary or post-secondary education. www.ceetoronto.org.
Main Purpose of Job:
Reporting to Operations Manager, The Senior IT Officer is a people-focused and service-oriented IT leader. The incumbent will be responsible for the development of IT solutions/processes/guidance/program that creates an exceptional positive experience for across the organization. The Senior IT Officer will oversee all client-facing functions of IT services, including desktop support, audiovisual, and associated analytics, and reporting—all to create the best possible technology experience. The successful candidate will also have overall responsibility for planning, implementing, and maintaining costs, software, programming, websites and methods in their area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
System Installation & Management:
- Staying current with rapidly changing and complex technologies to be able to provide up-to-date advice to the management and each department.
- Conduct network maintenance and backups including website and manage contracts with vendors to support processes and tools.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of computer networks, including imaging systems, configuring routers, and setting up firewalls.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot new software applications on computers and networks that may affect day-to-day and long-term operation.
- Monitor system performance and perform data recovery, including removing malware from identifiable infected systems.
- Create, implement, and maintain adequate documentation of processes and systems for knowledge sharing within the IT Support team and staff.
- Assist with vendor management and contract negotiation that support CEE’s IT service management strategy.
- Assist with program building and operation through end-user technology adoption, including software and hardware and related process development.
Risk Management & Escalation:
- Ensure the incident workload is being monitored on a regular basis and resolved in a timely manner.
- Keep informed of ongoing or serious incidents, identify underlying patterns, and find appropriate solutions aligned with risk mitigation plans.
- Ensure IT Support staff follow through incident management protocols.
- Ensure IT Support staff monitors Help Desk System and responds and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Providing technical support to users via phone or email, including troubleshooting problems with hardware or software
- Responsible for ensuring incidents relating to the problem record are flagged and that the Junior Technician is aware of the nature of the problem and any steps that might need to be taken to mitigate the impact of the problem.
- Keep direct supervisor and management team informed of the progress of the problem resolution.
- Take proactive steps to diagnose hardware faults and as appropriate repair or maintain physical systems in a safe, ordered manner.
- Assist the direct supervisor in coordinating and completing org-wide IT projects on time.
- Coordinate with the direct supervisor and other IT staff in designing and leading change management initiatives that trigger changes in practices and processes.
- Under the guidance of the direct supervisor, lead the development of process documents, guidelines, and IT service manual.
- Contribute to adopting industry standards and best practices for IT service management and related governance.
- Assist with the org-wide IT risk mitigation and management plan development and implementation.
- Contribute to the development of CEE’s IT services lifecycle (strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual improvement) and recommend ways to improve security and efficiency of org-wide IT systems design.
Training & Supporting Staff:
- Help identify IT training needs for Jr IT staff.
- Work alongside direct supervisor to put together “How To” guides, IT related training materials/practice manual.
- Deliver small, focused training sessions, to help address skills shortages among staff, especially new hires.
- Assist the direct supervisor in developing, guiding, and empowering IT staff to deliver high level IT services to management team and employees in need of support/guidance.
- Under the guidance of the direct supervisor, collaborate with CEE’s Programs Department to ensure a positive client/member experience.
- Provide Operations Manager with feedback on the performance, development and training of junior IT staff members for the performance review process.
- Bach Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Professional certification preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
Core Competencies Required:
- Excellent communication skills with fellow staff and management • Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong teamwork skills: can work in a team setting to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in unexpected situations.
- Ability to adapt in the face of change; keeping an open mind and focusing on positives
- Strong interpersonal skills; can collaborate well with others.
- Experience working within an anti-oppression and anti-racist framework.
- Growth mindset
Please ensure that the RESUME you upload is in PDF format.
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us by email (email@example.com).