Job Title: Sector and Community Engagement Coordinator, Sector Leadership Department Role.
Full-Time Position, 1 Year Contract
Direct Supervisor: Manager, Sector Leadership Department
The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is a charity dedicated to addressing economic and social barriers affecting black youth (18-29 years). We offer programs to improve their careers, education, and empowerment (CEE) that are holistic, person-centered, and culturally relevant. Based in Toronto, we work to strengthen the social service sector in the city by providing training in areas of responsive programming, trauma-informed care, and cultural competence to front-line workers.
The Sector and Community Engagement Coordinator is adaptable, versatile, and skilled in non-profit management, administration and project management to achieve the program focused on its objectives. Reporting to the Sector Leadership Programs Manager, the Sector and Community Engagement Coordinator works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that programming is effective and supports the achievement of its strategic objectives. A member of the sector leadership team, the Sector and Community Engagement Coordinator works closely with the unit team, managers, funders and Black led and serving organizations to implement activities, and coordinate the resources, equipment, information, and staff required to deliver programs. The program coordinator develops the initial project schedule, making certain that all scheduling conflicts are resolved with routine updates with the Sector Leadership Manager. Additionally, the coordinator is tasked with sourcing, cultivating, and stewarding relationships with sector professionals, public agencies, and corporate partners to build partnerships for program delivery.
1. Community Engagement:
- Engage Black lead and serving organizations and the professionals in that space via calls, emails, social media etc.
- Create content for newsletter and social media posts. All members of the CEE team are expected to be accessible to community, be present at community events when required and serve as ambassadors for
2. Program Development/ Management:
- Supports sector leadership managers with conducting research on sector trends, program and corporate partners, curriculum, policy, and best
- Supports Manager to design and develop programs for capacity
- Coordinate and monitor activities, resources, equipment, information, and staff required to fulfill program deliverables in an efficient time and within budget
- Coordinate program elements including outreach and recruitment, community of practice meetings, learning labs, summits/conferences, and other special
- Escalate program design issues which cannot be resolved to
- Report program status in written format for funder reporting and at program/social support
- Update Sector Leadership Manager about risks to program
- Collect and report data based on the program lifecycle and community of practice member
- Deliver workshop materials to sector
- Determine program and administrative needs.
- Delivers weekly status reports to Sector leadership Collect, analyse and report on program data
- Financial, Skilled in developing and reconciling organisational
- Lead in monitoring program expenditures including dispensing funds and collecting
- Receive and process invoices working in collaboration with the Finance officer and operations Work directly with Black lead and serving grassroots organisations to develop their financial oversight capacity and support them with budget reconciliations
- Consulted on program quality assurance issues and solution
- Co-design marketing strategies including flyer and content direction working in collaboration the social media content
- Consulted on programs team
- Responsible for coaching staff on the language, practices and agreements reached. Support sector Leadership Manager to develop MOU and LOU framework and content
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager, Executive Director and/or Operations Director
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience in project management, non-profit management, or business development
- Bachelor’s degree or post-grad diploma in a relevant discipline (e.g. business management, non- profit management
- Strong demonstrated program and project management skills; excellent organizational skills
- Direct experience in business development
- Understanding of issues, needs, and realities of black lead and serving organizations
- Cultural competence working in diverse Black communities
- Significant experience managing risk, exercising judgment, and supporting staff and clients in crisis situations in a complex, high needs environment
- Experience implementing program data collection and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills; demonstrated ability to manage, coach, and mentor staff
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Resourcefulness, initiative and flexibility to function effectively as part of a small team
- Integrity and ethics beyond reproach
- Knowledge and experience of working within an anti-oppression and anti-racist framework
- Bilingualism (English /French) is an asset
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume as a Word or PDF document to email@example.com
Please use the following subject line for your e-mail: YOUR NAME – Sector and Community Engagement Coordinator, Sector Leadership Dept.
CEE is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. We are also committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange a reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.