The Vector Institute is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented Coordinator to join the Research Operations Team to help deliver a cross-section of programming, activities, and events to over 500 researchers and students, as well as support committees with administrative support. The Research Services Coordinator will directly report to the Manager of Research Services but will also informally support other members of the research workstream.
- Work closely with a small team and across other workstreams to support over 500 researchers and students;
- As the main point of contact for students, act as a resource during student intake and keeping a pulse on the student population;
- Administer, record, monitor, reconcile, and report on funding related to student grants;
- Perform various coordination tasks e.g., scheduling meetings, supporting committee work, and handling inquiries from a cross-section of students and researchers;
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external-facing programs and develop data collection tools to support program delivery; and,
- Perform other administrative tasks such as maintaining databases, supporting documentation and metrics reporting, and records retention.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Vector’s researchers achieve greater recognition for their research on account of the support provided by the Research Operations team.
- Research advisory committees are provided with high quality service and support.
- Reliable tracking and year-over-year reporting of Vector’s research impact in the global Al community.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You are passionate about growing Canada’s global leadership in AI research.
- You are highly organized and motivated to work with diverse perspectives and ideas to foster a collaborative research environment for world-class AI researchers.
- You have 2-3 years of related experience with a good understanding of a research, academic, or government organization.
- You have experience and enjoy working with students in a post-secondary environment.
- You have strong time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of individuals in a team environment (e.g., graduate students, Faculty members, senior external researchers, leadership teams, operations staff, and graduate students), maintaining confidentiality and providing all with a trusted, respectful point of contact.
- You are adaptable, creative and enjoy collaborating within a small entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven.
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, are tactful, and bring positive energy and outlook to a not-for-profit corporate culture.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Familiarity with GSuite or the Microsoft Suite of applications, Eventbrite, Word Press, and Zapier would be an asset.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, Human Resources Business Partner, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin April 21, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
Please note that all interviews are currently being held remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, LGBT2Q+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.