RESEARCH AND INSIGHTS ANALYST – 12 MONTH CONTRACT (REVENUE)
POSITION CODE: 2021-057
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Globe and Mail is looking for a Research and Insights Analyst (12-month contract position) to support revenue growth across all Globe media assets (print and digital), including Globe Alliance network and Globe Content Studio.
This role, reporting to the Head of Research and Media Insights, will be responsible for leading primary research studies with the Globe’s insight community panel, including developing and launching survey questionnaires, analyzing data and creating presentations for external use. The analyst will also leverage 1st party data and 3rd party/syndicated research to uncover insights that will enable the development of custom content programs and the optimization of client campaigns.
This role requires a combination of strong technical expertise, business acumen and analytical skills.
- Lead consumer research studies with the Globe Insiders, our community panel:
- Consult with key stakeholders on research objectives
- Write and design survey questionnaires
- Program, test and launch studies using the Alida Sparq platform
- Maintain monthly research activity calendar to manage project timelines and deliverables
- Extract and analyze survey results, and communicate insights across the business
- Create compelling presentations to drive engagement with our advertising partners
- Involved in sharing insights and related content back to the Globe insight community
- Maintain regular contact with our panel provider and the customer success team
Research & Data Analysis
- Analyze data and interpret results to uncover high-value insights for proactive content development
- Communicate research findings and data results to internal and external clients
- Develop reports, dashboards and tools for tracking KPIs and other critical product and business metrics
- Perform in-depth analysis of Globe content to look for patterns and anomalies in the data
- Access 1st party data tools and syndicated data sets to generate insights for advertising initiatives
- Lead optimization and testing of the Content Studio’s monthly newsletter; including content creation, A/B testing, newsletter optimization, asset management and performance tracking
- Assist with updating audience research collateral following quarterly data releases
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably from media/advertising or market research industry
- Experience using Alida Sparq or another customer engagement survey platform
- Demonstrated survey writing skills and the ability to lead projects through to completion
- Experience working with 1st party data tools and syndicated research tools (i.e. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Comscore, Plan Metrix)
- Knowledge of social listening platforms/tools (i.e. Falcon)
- Advanced use of PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to extract, analyze, and interpret data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A deep understanding and passion for market research, data analysis and insights
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.