Job ID 15641
CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals(CEE) is dedicated to addressing economic issues effecting Black youth. Our vision is to help Black youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to increase economic opportunities for Black youth living in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, supporting them in the areas of employability, social enterprise and entrepreneurship. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers, such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with law, being young parents, poverty and lack of secondary or post-secondary education. www.ceetoronto.org.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The role of a Reception/Office Coordinator is to help CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals present their brand in a positive and pleasant way to clients, employees, and members. Duties and responsibilities include greeting visitors, helping them navigate through an office, and supplying them with refreshments as they wait. In addition, they maintain calendars for appointments, sort mail, keep supplies in the office stocked, make copies, and plan travel arrangements. In some environments, they can even assist security by monitoring visitor access. A good Reception/Office Coordinator is organized, communicates well, and practices excellent time management skills. In addition, because they’re often the initial contact for customers and clients, they must have excellent customer service skills, be a problem-solver, help everyone else reach their full potential by maintaining clear communication, managing visitors and vendors, handling correspondence, and generally ensuring a harmonious workplace. Reports to: Associate Manager of Operations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls. Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Ensure lobby/reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Update calendars and schedule meetings. Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Maintaining the general upkeep of the premises (lobby area stocked, bathrooms stocked, office supplies stocked, etc.)
- Attend to general issues and fixing simple problems
- Contact relevant personnel for troubleshooting complex issues
- Prepare meeting rooms for use by printing relevant documents and setting up any devices that will be used.
- Receive and send emails (managing the email@example.com email)
- Other task as assigned by the Associate Manager of Operations
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years work experience as a Receptionist, Office Coordinator or similar role
- High school diploma; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
- Administrative skills to be able to use basic computer programs including Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to be able to move between activities and duties quickly if priorities change
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication to be able to communicate with internal team members or clients and understand their needs
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills to keep multiple calendars organized
- Multitasking and Time management skills to be able to prioritize activities, especially when there is a high volume of tasks
- Attention to detail to ensure that all company memos are free of any errors
- Positive attitude for greeting customers and clients in a friendly and warm manner upon arrival to the office or through the phone
Please ensure that the RESUME you upload is in PDF format. CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).