CGA HR Consulting is helping our client, Black Business & Professional Association (BBPA) find a client-focused Project Specialist with community program coordination training or experience.
The Project Specialist – Business Advisory Implementation Development Services (BAIDS) will help coordinate a community support program for Black businesses and entrepreneurs, BAIDS. This work opportunity can be remote and is open to qualified applicants who reside anywhere in Canada
Project Specialist – Business Advisory Implementation Development Services (BAIDS)
About the Black Business Professionals Association (BBPA)
Founded in 1983, the BBPA is a non-profit, charitable organization that addresses equity and opportunity for the Black community in business, employment, education and economic development. Its mission is to advance Canada’s Black communities by delivering programs that support business and professional excellence, higher education and economic development. The BBPA produces the annual BBPA Harry Jerome Awards, a national awards event that recognizes and honours excellence in achievement and supports higher education through the BBPA National Scholarship. In addition, the BBPA sponsors a Black History Month Business Event, The National Black Business and Professional Conference, the Business Advisory Implementation Development Services program, and we work in partnership to support community initiatives. https://bbpa.org/
About the Business Advisory Implementation Development Services (BAIDS) Program
The BBPA BAIDS program provides support to micro, small and medium-sized Black-owned businesses in start-up or growth stages. BAIDS is a National bespoke program which is all-inclusive and is designed to provide expert help to Black businesses who do not have the resources and or the expertise to perform the services. Effectively, the participants will receive pro bono services and support from the BBPA through professionals and consultants engaged by BBPA for a fee to deliver their services. The program is delivered by Black professionals and experts through a culturally specific lens as it applies to the Black professionals and businesses. The outcome of this program for Black businesses is that they will become learn and grow their businesses in compliance with the rules, regulations, and legal framework of running and operating a business. https://bbpa.org/programs/baids/
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Project Specialist will support the ongoing development of the BAIDS Program by providing administrative and operational support in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of project deliverables.
The BAIDS Project Specialist will:
· Implement the BAIDS project plan and roadmap to ensure the success of the program
· Help coordinate activities to identify Black-owned businesses and professional service providers in each category of service in order to grow the program’s reach
· Assist in providing coordination and logistics support for project activities, including supporting workshops, meetings, training, events and program facilitation.
· Assist with program outreach and communication materials showcasing BAIDS impact and program delivery including impact stories, videos, blog posts, news articles, press releases, case studies, slide decks based on results achieved and impact generated
· Support and deliver project status reports to the Project Manager, describing completed and upcoming project activities, progress towards targets, risks, and mitigation measures
· Support the intake process for Black-owned businesses and professional service providers
· Assist in the maintenance of strong communication to all stakeholders and high-quality service to Black-owned businesses including documenting questions and/or concerns
· Assist in the creation of effective systems to track progress, and regularly assess program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Board, funders, and other constituents
· Conduct market research, gather statistics, and analyze program data
· Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
· Strong communication skills especially writing, editing and proofreading
· Demonstrated familiarity with project management methodology
· Competency in various technologies and collaboration tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, Zoom, Slack, G Suite, Asana
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collectively in a diverse team
· Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills. Consistently communicates in a professional manner, using tact and diplomacy in all internal and external communications.
· Creative thinker with problem-solving skills and strong orientation to project outcomes
· Bilingual language communication skills (French/English) is an asset
Hours of Work
This position is 35 hours/week, with the possibility of additional hours at irregular intervals. Some evening and weekend hours will be required. BBPA offers remote work opportunities and welcomes qualified applicants based anywhere in Canada.
The Project Specialist is accountable to the Project Manager.
BBPA is committed to diversity and prioritizes applications from underrepresented groups including persons of colour, women and persons with disabilities.
Salary: The salary for this position is $52,000 per annum.
Start Date: The expected start date for this position is November 2021.
How to Apply: Job applicants can email resumes and cover letters directly to the recruitment firm at email@example.com by October 14, 2021. Indicate “BBPA Project Specialist” in the subject line.