Title: Project Coordinator
Company: Canada Lands Company
Location: 70 Canuck Ave , Toronto , ON
Employment Status: Employee (Temporary Contract) (24 months)
Please submit your application by Wednesday, September 15th at 4:00 pm EST.
Under the direction of the Director, Property Management, the Project Coordinator plans, coordinates, oversees, and administers projects for the Downsview Park Attractions team to ensure they are completed in compliance with Parc Downsview Park (PDP) and Canada Lands Company (CLC) policies and procedures, in a timely fashion, and within budget. The Project Coordinator adds value by assisting with preparing project related budgets, developing and managing the flow of project related documents, monitoring project progress, and keeping stakeholders informed throughout the project.
- Participates in planning and project management reviews/initiatives, including project coordination with PDP’s third-party property managers.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Assists with the direction/work of external multidisciplinary team (contractors, engineers, surveyors, architects, property managers, etc.) to achieve project objectives.
- Prepares and administers technical documentation, including Request for Proposals (RFPs) and associated procurement documents.
- Assists with the development and coordination of consultant selection processes and ensures adherence to CLC’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Prepares engagement letters for approval, with adherence to CLC policies and guidelines.
- Prepares and administers contracts, ensuring proper authorization within CLC’s Delegation of Authority.
- Verifies and monitors all project related accounting transactions including vendor set-ups, draw downs, invoice processing, etc.
- Monitors project to ensure adherence to contract deliverables and that the project is completed in a timely fashion and on budget.
- Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs in compliance with CLC’s policies and procedures.
- Takes minutes at internal and external meetings with stakeholders and consultants.
- Provides regular updates on project status to key stakeholders.
- Participates in the preparation, review and implementation of short and long term planning and budgeting activities.
- Works with the regional/project accountant to provide necessary supporting information/documentation.
- Assists in the preparation of capital plans and expenditure forecasts for the annual 5-year Corporate Plan.
- Analyzes costs against budgets/contracts to identify risk of budget over-run and controlling payments.
- Post-secondary education, college degree, business or technical diploma or sufficient equivalent work experience in one of the following fields required:
property or facility management, or
other construction / development related fields (surveyors, appraisals etc.).
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in project management and/or construction required.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of project management and delivery processes as well as current industry trends and practices.
- Project management or contract management training and/or experience required.
- Knowledge of general business principles, financial management, as well as, environmental issues/remediation techniques are assets.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, an asset.
WHAT WE DO
Canada Lands Company is a self-financing, federal Crown corporation that specializes in real estate, development and attractions management. The company’s goal in all it does is to produce the best possible benefit for Canadian communities and the Government of Canada. Canada Lands Company works to achieve its mandate with industry leading expertise; the company prides itself on its consultation based approach to pursuing community-oriented goals, environmental stewardship and heritage commemoration with all its projects across Canada.
The company’s activities ensure that former government properties are redeveloped or managed in accordance with their highest and best use, and that they are harmoniously reintegrated into local communities. Our goal is to help transform surplus parcels and reshape them to meet the needs of Canadians with inspiring and sustainable new neighbourhoods in which they can live, work and play.
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.