About Interactive Ontario’s Black Youth Action Plan
The Black Youth Action Plan (BYAP) works toward eliminating systemic, race-based disparities
by increasing opportunities for Black children, youth and families across the province.
For the past 3 years Interactive Ontario has been supporting early-career development through
industry-led career Initiatives for training, support and work placement opportunities to help
Black youth secure high-quality employment and advance their careers in the video game and
Interactive Digital Media (IDM) Industry.
Ensuring Black youth have experience, credentials, and networking opportunities to compete for
available jobs in the interactive digital media (IDM) sector.
The Position For a Program Manager
Our team at Interactive Ontario is seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual for the
role of Program Manager for the 2022 Black Youth Action Plan program designed to engage
with young Black talent and Emerging Professionals and Post Secondary Students.
We are looking for someone with experience in: event coordination, relationship building,
outreach, partners’ management, quality control, working with employers, community and
academic institutions. It is preferable if you have some experience in curriculum and
professional development programs. You are a detail-oriented project manager with strong
communication skills, business development skills, employer and stakeholder relations, as well
as the confidence to lead and engage with professionals in the IDM industry
Term: Oct 18, 2021 – April 8, 2022
Location of work: Equipped to work remotely from within Ontario
Job type: Part-time contract over the period of 25 weeks
Rate: $30/per hour for up to 550 hours (up to 24 hrs per week)
Eligibility: Must be an Ontario resident.
As this role works closely with members of the Black community, preference will be given to
applicants who demonstrate an understanding and connection to such a community.
Responsibilities may include a combination of, but are not limited to the following tasks:
● Manage the end-to-end programming needs for both the Awareness and Readiness
Training Program (ARTP) Modules as well as the 2-day Virtual Career Fair and a
● Oversee and ensure an effective design, plan, launch and execution of the entire
program over the delivery cycle.
● Contribute to the recruiting strategies to attract top talent participation, suitable
mentors/instructors the ARTP Modules, as well as Ontario IDM employers/studio
representatives for the Virtual Career Fair.
● Act as the primary point of contact with our internal team, external partners, and IDM
employers and experts.
● Working with our Communications manager, engage with Young Black Emerging
Professionals and Post Secondary Students in Ontario looking to start their career
journey in the IDM sector.
● Gather requirements to create a program framework that meets the already determined
● Support planning for IO’s Black Youth Action Plan program, conduct project planning,
maintain communication and collaborate with partners, manage the budget and scope,
draft service agreements, conduct surveys, collect a database, reporting, perform a
variety of tasks associated with day-to-day program operations, and other admin tasks
● 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience preferably with Young Black Professionals in
similar comparable early-career programs and/or with employers. Tech recruiting
● Experience planning and managing the production of training content is an asset.
● Being able to successfully negotiate, work through different scenarios to propose
solutions, and create a specific roadmap with timelines is critical.
● Strong ability to develop pipelines of qualified candidates and employers.
● Strong communication skills, ability to organize and lead a meeting, determine the next
course of action, and oversee milestones to achieve the desired results.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Demonstrates the ability to manage a high volume of reqs across various disciplines.
● Strong program management skills and proven success in defining and executing
● Collaborative work style with the ability to build strong effective relationships across
● Demonstrates desire and genuine interest for continuous professional development.
supporting those in career transitions and improving professional advancement.
● Strong time management and prioritization skills, in order to meet competing deadlines.
● Awareness of the video game and interactive digital media sector, the benefits, value,
activities and the state of growth in the global, national as well as provincial economy.
About the work environment
Headquartered in Toronto, our current workplace culture is an environment where everyone is
working remotely from home. You will be required to have your own equipment and setup to
work from home with: high-speed internet access, a modern computer with a webcam, and
video/audio capabilities to conduct video conference calls. IO operates like a casual start-up
environment with a group of friendly, dedicated and talented individuals. This role will report to
the Program Lead and/or the President of IO, Lucie Lalumière.
Please provide a brief cover letter with an introduction and your CV emailed to the attention of:
Strategic Initiatives & Program Lead, Interactive Ontario