Reporting to the Director of Professional Development, the Professional Development Coordinator will provide support to a team that delivers engaging learning experiences for audiences with both AI technical expertise and/or AI business expertise on how to adopt AI.
In this dynamic role, the Professional Development Coordinator will serve as a key contact for diverse stakeholders by providing high quality support for Vector’s professional development initiatives, assisting in the execution of events, and working to build community engagement through fostering an inclusive, welcoming, and collaborative environment.
Workflow coordination and administrative support
- Regularly undertake a variety of administrative tasks to help organize and facilitate the activities of the Professional Development (PD) team including:
- Coordinate planning meetings for PD events, defined as including, but not limited to: ESS, AI for Business, Introduction to AI Workshops, Certificate Courses, Special Events (e.g., Collision, Responsible AI);
- Assist with creating agendas and event invitations for ESS and AI for Business (for Eventbrite and Brightspace);
- Assist in the management of registrations and user updates in the D2L Learning Management System;
- Assist in the management of content in the D2L Learning Management System (e.g., uploading lessons or slides);
- Manage attendance and all other completion requirements (including assignments and grades) for the Certificate Courses in collaboration with various members of the course team (Manager, Instructors, and TAs);
- Assist with creation and management of event surveys;
- Assist with calls for speakers from Research, including working with Research Operations to ensure researchers comply with service obligations and that Vector research affiliate networks are engaged;
- Assist with calls for speakers from Industry, including working with the Directors of Industry Innovation to ensure appropriate engagement from industry sponsors;
- Manage correspondence and coordinate responses to incoming inquiries and requests regarding PD programs;
- Manage cross-functional relationships i.e., activities performed in collaboration with other teams inside Vector (e.g., Communications/Events, Academic Partnerships, Health, Research, etc.); and,
- Assist with creating, distributing, collecting, and filing PD administrative documents.
Event logistics support
- Coordinate events including:
- Working with Office Services team to reserve space and arrange for catering at Vector;
- For off-site events, e.g., AI for Business, Intro to AI Workshops, work with the host venue staff to coordinate event logistics, including the completion of expense claims;
- Managing the PD events calendar in collaboration with the Directors of Industry Innovation, Events Manager, and Office Services team;
- Manage online registration for all events via Eventbrite and Brightspace, including sponsor constraints for restricted attendance; and,
- Welcoming attendees to events including sign in, preparing name tags/tent cards, programs, etc.
Tracking and analytics
- Overall data capturing, management and reporting for the Professional Development team e.g., surveys and weekly/monthly reports.
- Provide contact metrics for internal and external (including government) reporting purposes.
- Maintain PD-related contact database (distribution list) in support of sales and marketing.
- Additional and revised duties as assigned by the Director, Professional Development.
For requirements and other details, please visit the link provided.