Boat Rocker Media is an independent, integrated global entertainment company that creates, produces, and distributes premium scripted, unscripted, live action and animated kids and family content for all platforms, manages top global talent, and develops and monetizes brands and intellectual property. We have a strong creative and business culture that fights for ideas, supports storytellers, and has a track record of ensuring big ideas get distributed to the world.
The Company was founded in 2003 and has 850+ global employees across 7 major cities including: Toronto (Headquarters), New York, Los Angeles, Ottawa, Halifax, London, and Hong Kong. Boat Rocker Media has approximately 40 shows greenlit or in-production and a distribution library of 9,000+ half hours for leading global customers such as Netflix, HBO, BBC, NBC, ABC, Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Disney, Showtime, Discovery, CTV, Global and CBC.
Joining a team of two, and reporting to the VP, Production, the Production Manager will work with a mix of animated and live action series. They will be responsible for tracking each productions timeline, cost reports and monthly projections.
- Maintain studio production calendar
- Weekly tracking of production status for all productions
- Monthly tracking of production cost reports from all productions
- Assist VP, Production in monthly cost report projections for Finance
- Create preliminary schedules for upcoming projects, both live action and animation
- Provide assistance and liaise with Line Producers and our production partner prod mgmt. teams
- Set up production insurance per project
- Track equipment purchases
- Review ACTRA contract template information
- Work with BLA, create initial credit lists
- Assist in sourcing third party animation studios in Canada and around the world
- Provide production support for IP development, including payments and development cost tracking
- Work with the Production Coordinator to archive productions
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including formula writing
- Comfortable working with cost reports and budgets
- Strong knowledge of WGC & ACTRA guidelines (SAG a plus)
- Working knowledge of Canadian funding agencies including tax credits
- 5+ experience in television production management type roles, with a minimum 2 years animation experience
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from all interested individuals across all gender and sexual identities, indigenous identity, ethno-racial identity, place of origin, age and ability.