Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At the CBC, we all have a story to tell. What’s yours?
If you share our passion for Canadian storytelling and you wish to help us engage with individuals and communities across our various digital platforms, this is where you’ll want to be!
Every day, you will have an opportunity to shape the way in which Canadians see themselves reflected in our digital services. Your work will have a direct impact on how millions of Canadians from various communities connect with our products, with one another, and with the diverse voices that make our country so unique.
You will have the opportunity to play a part in enlightening and entertaining Canadians through our innovative work in building the mediums that deliver our content. We are an innovative hub, where the talented professionals we work with are respected and valued for their contributions. Our product teams are vibrant and our work culture strives to achieve the highest standards of diversity and inclusion. We believe that hiring people with different career paths and backgrounds is fundamental in our shared success and in building healthy and highly performant teams. When you join our mission, you are not only shaping the vision of the CBC, but the future of our country.
Why is this role important?
CBC is embarking on a new initiative to bring Canadians closer to us and to each other. As Product Designer for CBC’s Membership team, you will design cross-product user journeys that will inspire Canadians to register for and remain logged in to CBC digital products and services. You will make a significant contribution to the digital ecosystem to be built around CBC Membership, which includes both designing new products and features and optimizing existing products including CBC’s email newsletters, member centre and subscription centre.
This role requires the ability to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders at every level and in every area of the organization. You will work directly with colleagues in CBC News, Sports, Communications, Marketing and Revenue and many others, as well as with teams at Radio-Canada. You will understand and interpret their diverse requirements while keeping the audience experience at the forefront of your practice.
Here’s why we should work together:
Our digital teams’ values – collaboration, learning, and continuous improvement – embody who we are as a people-focused, digital-forward employer. We follow lean startup principles and use an Agile approach. Our dedicated people managers work closely with every individual to ensure we are leveraging their strengths, championing their ideas and supporting their pursuit of new skills and their desired career progression.
Here at CBC Digital Strategy & Products, we want you to be happy and feel good at work. It is essential that work be a safe space where our employees are able to share their authentic selves with one another and to push each other to challenge conventions.
Perks you can look forward to:
- Flexible work schedules, allowing you to prioritize yourself, your family and your work.
- Work from home opportunities.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- 20% of time for innovation, learning and development; wherever your interests lie.
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technology.
- Opportunities for continued learning and professional development.
- Opportunities to become a member of our Employee Resource Groups.
- Pair programming and mentorship opportunities, where you can learn from the best in the industry and help coach new talent.
- A creative and dynamic work environment, where your ideas and contributions can be heard, valued and respected.
- A supportive management team committed to upholding the highest standards of diversity and inclusivity.
- An environment which favours experimentation and an iterative approach in order to achieve the highest form of technical innovation.
- Balance editorial, content and commercial requirements with human-centered principles and practices.
- Design accessible web, app, and connected device experiences.
- Partner with other designers and researchers to run experiments, conduct tests, and test hypotheses.
- Socialize design patterns, facilitate co-creation, and foster a learning culture.
- Examine choices and decisions through the lens of data.
- Develop and maintain shared design libraries and standards that contribute to quality and cohesion.
- Advocate for ethical, inclusive and cooperative practices.
- Champion collaboration, learning and continuous improvement. Invest in our public service mandate to inform, enlighten, and entertain.
What you bring to our team:
- Experience designing, prototyping and testing accessible apps and websites.
- Experience interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and research.
- Experience with information architecture, user research, usability testing, and workshop facilitation.
- Experience developing and implementing evidence based design strategies that support business objectives and product strategy.
- Experience documenting, communicating and presenting design work.
- Experience estimating, planning and prioritizing work.
- Portfolio that demonstrates four or more years of product design experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a design-related field, or equivalent work experience.