Job ID 22328
Position Type: Full-time, Unionized
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Division: Islington Printing
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 130 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Islington Printing, division of Postmedia Network Inc. currently has a full-time opening for a Printing Press Operator (Second Pressman) for our Etobicoke operations.
The successful candidate must be able to work steady night shift in a 24 hour/7 day a week environment.
What you’ll do:
- Set-up and maintain the inks, water and registration systems, ensuring the highest standards of quality of efficiencies are achieved.
- Assist in production preparation, set-up and operation of web offset presses (ManRoland Colorman) and associated equipment.
- Pre-set, prepare, maintain and validate the water, inks and registration systems on both cold set and heat set productions.
- Fulfill First Press Operator duties (i.e. adjust folder settings and align webs), when necessary.
- Proactive planning and preparation for production sequences, adhering to deadlines, standards of quality and production efficiencies are achieved.
- Communicate product press issues to the Press Team Lead.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all related equipment.
- Maintain a safe work environment, complying with the companies Health and Safety program.
- Perform other duties as required.
Who you are:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a printing environment;
- Strong knowledge of printing in a heat set, cold set web environment;
- Reliable and proven attendance record;
- Demonstrated ability to set ink, water, registration systems and folder operation;
- Proven experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, with a focus on safety and quality;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting ability;
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.