Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
As a Payroll Administrator, you will be responsible for overseeing all payroll related processes, liaison between Talent, Finance and ADP on all payroll matters. You are organized, detail oriented, data driven, have excellent attention to detail, experience using payroll systems and thrive working to timelines and multi-faceted tasks. You have strong communication skills to support employees with payroll matters, resolution of any issues and managing timelines.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for over 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
In this position, you will maintain expert knowledge of the payroll systems and prevailing payroll/legislative practices. The incumbent will work closely with Human Resources peers to enhance services to employees, and to continually develop processes consistent with Payroll best practices.
What You’ll do
- Oversee and process a full-cycle payroll nationally for Unionized and Non-Union employees and salaried and hourly employees biweekly
- Ensure that payroll processing complies with government agencies and/or the collective agreement
- Ensure planning and execution of year-end payroll processes are properly done (T4 and RL-1 slip, CNESST, etc.)
- Ensure compliance to all employment legislation and regulatory guidelines such as EHT, CPP, EI, Income Tax, and Workers’ Compensation, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date files of union dues deductions and other contributions
- Prepare the various internal and external audit reports
- Identify internal opportunities for improvement related to payroll, analyse and implements solutions in collaboration with the other functions and operations of the organization
- Audit data in payroll system/troubleshoot errors
- Quarterly and Annual payroll reconciliation including any adjustments for prior Quarters
What You’ll Need
- Must hold current CPM designation
- 3+ years’ experience with national payroll
- Must have an understanding of all ESA requirements for each province and experience in reporting in multiple provinces across Canada.
- Knowledge of ADP system specifically Workforce Now is considered an asset
- Must know payroll accounting, remittances and reporting
- Possess an acceptable “Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check” prior to starting employment.
- Handle all inquiries arising from questions about payroll.
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Other Payroll duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with an impeccable detail to attention.
- Ability to communicate in French is considered an asset
You’ll already have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key internal stakeholders, including operations, Finance, IT, and HR
- Ability to provide strategic leadership, process improvement, program management, and quality customer service across the organization
- Proven track record of optimizing payroll processes
- Experience in translating functional payroll requirements into appropriate design documentation and system specification development
- Strong technical problem-solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the team
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?