Job Title: Payroll Administrator
The CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals is a Toronto based charity that is dedicated to addressing the economic and social barriers that affect Black youth ages 14 and over who are not in employment, education, or training. To create a society and economy in which Black youth achieve financial prosperity and high quality of life for themselves and their families to contribute to the advancement of Canada.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for full cycle payroll functions related to the collecting, verifying, and processing of semi-monthly payrolls for the CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals. The Payroll Administrator is also responsible for benefit administration for CEE employees and for processing payroll in an accurate and timely manner. The Payroll Administrator will work in accordance with the applicable legislation, Collective Agreements, benefit plan provisions and CEE’s Administrative procedures.
Finance and Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes semi-monthly payroll for all CEE staff including part-time and program members. This includes the set-up, maintenance, and distribution of salary information to all departments
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees
- Prepare and distribute Records of Employment
- Process new hires, vacations, and changes in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare employee payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or cheque
- Data entry for all payroll changes including new hires, terminations, salary, personal and other payroll related updates
- Manage current employee vacation and sick time tracking
- Compose information letters to employees concerning benefits and other pay related matters
- Maintains payroll records according to CEE’s administrative procedures
- Generates, balances and distributes T4’s for all employees annually or as required by management
- Provide support the Finance and Human Resources team on various duties as required
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Accounting/Payroll; PCP certification an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and with specific experience with computerized Finance/Payroll system (QuickBooks)
- 2 – 3 year(s) of full-cycle payroll experience is necessary
Key Accounts Payable Skills and Competencies
- Innate work ethic and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills, proven strategic planning skills and ability to be hands-on
- Ability to be discrete and ensure confidentiality is maintained with personal records
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to learn and a self-starter attitude
This position is now virtual… however, you will on occasion be required to come into the office depending on the tasks assigned. All staff will be required to work from the office beginning January 2022.
- Motion Parameters
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Vision and Hearing Requirements
You may be required to spend long hours in front of a computer screen.
- Psychological Demands
Problem solving, interpret financial data.
Please email your cover letter and resume in a single Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the following subject line for your email: Your First and Last Name – Payroll Administrator