We are looking for an experienced, dynamic individual with a passion for customer service, ticketing and arts administration. This is a salaried position with benefits and reports to the Assistant Manager of Patron Services.
Due to COVID-19, and the direction given by public health officials for social distancing, the TSO has implemented a work from home policy. In this position you will begin working remotely from your home and will work from the TSO Office, once it reopens. The TSO office is located at 145 Wellington Street West, Toronto, Ontario.
The Patron Services Department works in a fast-paced environment, focusing on providing an exceptional and engaging customer service experience for all patrons and donors. Typical services include ticketing, receiving donations, inbound and outbound calls, Live Chat, email, and other general inquiries.
Office hours are generally Monday to Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM. Additional hours are required to work evening and weekend concert duty, primarily at Roy Thomson Hall and George Weston Recital Hall, as well as occasional meetings and office work during peak times of the season.
- Facilitate patron transactions at the TSO including processing single tickets, subscriptions, group sales, and fulfillment of subscriber and donor benefits.
- When answering patron enquiries, be prepared to go the extra mile by not just answering product and service questions, but by providing information for alternate concerts, packages and services, as appropriate.
- Remain current and knowledgeable about TSO and TSYO performances, TSO Friends Donor Program and Events, TSOUNDCHECK Program, Subscription Packages, and Single ticket and Group Sales policies and practices, promoting each, where appropriate.
- Resolve customer service challenges by clarifying the patron’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Respond to all inquiries by phone, Live Chat, email, and in-person in a prompt and professional manner.
- Field feedback from patrons, finding solutions to challenges that may arise. Ensure that patrons’ voices are heard and that the TSO patron experience continually improves.
- Make outbound courtesy calls to patrons regarding concert changes, subscription renewals, subscriber perks, and Friends program.
- Remain current with legislative training as it pertains to customer service (i.e., AODA, Bill 168, Bill 132).
- Assist with other duties/projects as required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in delivering a high level of customer service.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment with a high call volume, and respond calmly to challenging situations.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Experience in effectively managing multiple medium scale tasks simultaneously; excellence in organizing and prioritizing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff, including management.
- Available to work some evenings and weekends in addition to the regular 9-5 schedule
- Demonstrates initiative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Some light lifting is required to move ticket inventory and supplies.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems. Working knowledge of Tessitura is a strong advantage.
- Passion for orchestral music or performing arts.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resumé, and the names and phone numbers of 3 references by July 16, 2021 to Mor Shargall-Bisson, Assistant Manager of Patron Services at email@example.com.
The Toronto Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. The TSO is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, the TSO will work with you to meet your needs.
While the TSO thanks all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.