Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours/week
Compensation: $42,500 – $52,500/year, plus benefits including retirement savings plan, wellness spending account, and generous vacation and leave policies
Reports to: Director of Operations
You are a purpose-driven team member who enjoys building relationships and actively seeks others’ input. You have a special knack for organization and you’re always thinking of new ways to improve systems and processes. If you don’t know how to do something, you take initiative to learn. You feel inspired by cool nature mysteries and are keen to deepen your personal connection with nature. You embody Pine’s core values – respect, gratitude, awareness, life-long learning, and resilience – and demonstrate a strong personal commitment to equity and social justice. If this sounds like you, the Operations Manager role at Pine could be the right fit!
As the Operations Manager, you are responsible for leading Pine’s behind-the-scenes operations. Reporting to the Director of Operations and working closely with our leadership team and the Officer Administrator, you enable the smooth running of our nature connection programs and help to advance Pine’s mission within our broader community. You lead and execute registration and customer support, and manage administrative functions. Working closely with the Director of Development & Communications you also contribute to initiatives to spread the word about our programs.
Key Position Responsibilities
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (5-10%)
- Provide leadership to foster a vibrant and healthy organizational culture and staff
- Supervise and mentor the Office Administrator and other administrative staff
- Contribute to the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures
- Help further our organizational goals in diversity, equity and inclusion
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION & LOGISTICS (70-80%)
- Develop program registration and operational policies, procedures and systems, and work with program and operations staff to support implementation
- Lead ongoing upgrades of systems and processes to support customer relations, registration, project management and other organizational needs
- Respond to escalated customer support issues, troubleshooting and resolving sensitive matters
- Manage relationships and processes with program partners and other stakeholders
- Work with suppliers to ensure provision of services required to support programs
- Support implementation of human resources processes
- Mentor administrative staff in providing daily customer support by email and phone
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING (10-20%)
- Manage all communications for participant families
- Contribute to Pine’s monthly newsletter, marketing campaigns, and social media work
- Manage Pine’s website
- Implement our merchandising and gifting plan
SYSTEMS & OTHER SUPPORT (5-10%)
- Manage Pine’s IT assets and systems
- Manage and communicate financial and registration data from CRM to support internal accountability, financial management, and strategic decision-making. Provide other contributions to financial management processes
- Design, implement and maintain organizational systems
- Manage Pine Project office
Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent project management skills. Highly organized and detail-oriented, with a strong ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Ability to conduct research, comprehend complex concepts and translate them into concrete, simple and user-friendly documents. Experience writing policies or procedures an asset.
- Customer service skills, including ability to manage challenging conversations
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to identify and resolve issues, mitigate conflict, and manage risk
- Experience managing customer relationship management (CRM) software and other IT systems
- Good with numbers. Ability to manage and interpret data. Knowledge of bookkeeping principles or budgeting an asset
- Identify with the Pine Project’s mission, vision and values. Strong personal and professional commitment to equity and racial justice
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 20 June 2021.
Your cover letter should be about one page in length and include:
- Where you saw this job posting
- Why you are interested in the Pine Project and Operations Manager role
- A brief description of your relevant skills, experience and aptitudes. Applicants who do not meet all of the stated qualifications but have transferable skills, experiences or aptitudes are encouraged to apply and explain their relevance to the role in the cover letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
The Pine Project is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promoting equity and diversity within our workplace and greater community. We work proactively to develop a barrier-free selection process and inclusive work environment where team members feel empowered to express authentic ideas and experiences. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants with an interest in advancing our mission, vision and values. We especially encourage applications from members of disadvantaged and marginalized groups, including those who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, persons with disabilities, women and/or LGBTQ2S+. If contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received will be addressed in confidence.