CEE Centre for Young Black Professionals(CEE) is dedicated to addressing economic issues effecting Black youth. Our vision is to help Black youth who face multiple barriers achieve financial stability for themselves and their families, helping to strengthen the communities in which they live. Our mission is to increase economic opportunities for Black youth living in Toronto’s priority neighborhoods, supporting them in the areas of employability, social enterprise and entrepreneurship. CEE works to ensure that our programming reaches and is accessible to youth who face multiple barriers, such as: unemployment, underemployment, conflict with law, being young parents, poverty and lack of secondary or post-secondary education. www.ceetoronto.org.
An Operations Administrator reports to the Manager of Operations and Finance and works toward ensuring a smooth business environment. We are searching for an organized self-starter to be our new Operations Administrator. The Operations Administrator’s responsibilities include reporting directly to the manager and fulfilling the Manager’s duties in their absence. You should also be well-versed in internal operations, take minutes at meetings, forward and distribute mail as required, and prepare and file relevant documents.
To be successful as an Operations Administrator, you should possess excellent communication skills and be able to juggle multiple tasks. Top candidates will have strong organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Acting as second-in-command to the manager, and taking care of all duties in their absence.
- Assisting the Manager with operational issues.
- Scheduling meetings and team building sessions as required.
- Promptly answering the questions of staff and other stakeholders.
- Providing excellent customer service and maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Preparing and filing forms and other documents.
- Taking inventory and ordering office supplies as needed.
- Updating logs and order forms.
- Analyzing all operations and forwarding suggestions for improvement to the Manager.
- Supporting the Operations Team
- Book, plan, prepare & distribute materials and complete minutes for meetings
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to update and track data
- Prepare, sort, send, and/or accept mail, and courier parcels for Operations and/or other departments as requested
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for Executive Management team
- Month end duties; including check of office supplies, equipment and plants
- Perform additional tasks as may be required or requested by Manager/Supervisor
- At least 1-3 years’ experience working in an office setting
- A post-secondary degree or diploma, with experience in the following fields following being an asset: Business, Accounting, Computers, or Office Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Teams is an asset
- Required proficiency in the use of typical computer programs for: Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing platforms, sorting electronic files
- Proficiency in the use of standard office equipment
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- Dependability, Organization, Scheduling, Confidentiality, Independence, Teamwork
The Operations Administrator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of CEE.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of CEE.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Confidentiality: maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Adhere to the anti-oppressive policies of CEE
- Show a commitment to the values of CEE
Please select “Apply to this Job” or copy this link: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/ceetoronto/30391
Deadline: May 13th, 2022