Req Id: 268446
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. Overtime as required based on operational needs. May include working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Lead the Windsor CTV2 News Team – including staff development, training, and hiring
- Make independent editorial decisions
- Maintain station credibility
- Manage legal issues and CRTC complaints
- Executive Producer of all CTV2 Windsor News
- Responsible for contributing to content, overseeing assignments and show production
- Help strengthen relationship with key community members
- Help develop digital strategy for news properties
- Oversee CTV2 News website and social media properties
- Communicate effectively with production team
- Coordinate news gathering requirements in conjunction with CTV Network and other Bell Media platforms
- Other duties as assigned
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies:
- Post-secondary education in Journalism, communications or equivalent and at least 5 years’ experience in a newsroom
- Excellent knowledge of local news and current affairs.
- Proven sound editorial judgment
- Demonstrated ability to originate coverage on developing news stories and features
- Minimum 3 years’ field experience in television journalism.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a producer
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a leadership role in a newsroom environment.
- A track record for outstanding, concise communication and direct coaching skills in a fast-paced environment
- Forward thinking, a creative and open-minded problem solver with experience maximizing the best use of the company’s resources
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong team leader with effective people and motivational skills and a demonstrated record of success supervising staff
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Windsor
Application Deadline: 09/23/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.