Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically driven world?
As our Network Analyst you will provide support and reporting, in an automated way when possible, for all Network services offerings as well as providing customer-focused Level 2/3 support for Help Desk. Rotational 24/7 on-call is required.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
As a Network Analyst you will be versatile, “go to” problem solver supporting a variety of network technologies in both traditional and cloud based environments. In this role you will manage our network devices, telephony, associated software, network connections, and communication links to ensure Kids Help Phone has a robust, secure, scalable, reliable and efficient Infrastructure that supports our business.
What You’ll do
- Respond to escalations occurring in daily operations and change requests, incident investigation, remediation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network infrastructure both on premise and in the cloud
- Participate in projects, implementation, installation and configuration of Network Infrastructure systems solutions, including design and deployment of wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other network hardware
- Monitor network performance and connectivity of all servers, workstations, PBX/VOIP telephony equipment, and other network appliances
- Troubleshoot related issues for on premise servers, including database, print, and backup servers as well as platforms that exist off premises in Private / Public Cloud environments (at the SAAS, IAAS and PAAS levels)
- Maintain and document security related policies, procedures, and associated plans for network design and service operations
- Provide network support in the migration of data operating platforms from physical hosts to virtual and remote hosting environments
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computers Science or related field
- Four (4) years experience with network infrastructure and telephony support including a focus on customer service and technical assistance
- Proven experience with Cloud (AWS, Azure) administration – Certification nice to have
- Proven experience with networking fundamentals (network administration, design, management, implementation, monitoring) and advanced troubleshooting
- Good understanding of Active Directory Services concepts in relation to network operations and access authentication
- General understanding of IT Security and Network policies and procedures
- Exposure to Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery best practices
- ITIL Fundamental certificate is a bonus
- Possess a current “Police Reference Check” prior to starting employment
You’ll already have the following:
- A passion and curiosity for solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Some experience with scripting languages and automation technologies
- Excellent communication skills, customer oriented and cool tempered
- Preference for bilingual (English/French)
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment and multitask
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for over 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Visit https https://kidshelpphone.ca/get-involved/about-us/careers
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled:* lastname_firstname_Network Analyst *
The posting closes until midnight April 20, 2021