National City Park Network Project Coordinator
Location: Our preference is for candidates based out of Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal, but we will consider candidates located anywhere in Canada. We are open to a blend of remote and in-person days in a typical work week.
In this permanent full-time role, you will join Park People’s programming team to support new and existing projects and help strengthen community involvement in urban parks across the country. Working with a small and collaborative programming team, you will support the growth and ongoing success of Park People’s National Network through the administration and promotion of several granting programs and extensive outreach efforts to groups across Canada. You will also provide general administrative and coordination support for other Park People programs as required.
Park People supports and mobilizes community park groups, community organizers, non-profits, park professionals and funders to activate the power of parks to build strong communities, healthy environments, and resilient cities. This is an exciting opportunity to support, mobilize and connect the 850+ community park groups and various other park stakeholders that are currently part of our network.
We are looking for a strong administrator with excellent organizational skills and an interest in connecting and supporting park groups and communities across the country.
Park People is dedicated to promoting equity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in our offices and in all of the work that we do. We are striving for a staff team that is representative of the communities where we work, and encourage applications from BIPOC applicants.
As National City Park Network Project Coordinator, your role will include:
- Overall administration and coordination of Park People’s TD Park People Grant program
- Participating in project evaluation through data collection;
- Representing Park People at events in parks and green spaces;
- Supporting Park People groups through national network programming across the country;
- Contributing to social media animation strategies;
- Supporting the work of the National team and other programs;
- Other related tasks as needed.
The skills and experience you bring to the role include:
- Bilingualism (French and English) is a very strong asset and preferred for this position. We have several bilingual team members and offer programs in both languages.
- Experience with community engagement or community development work, particularly in multicultural contexts and/or with equity-seeking groups;
- Previous experience coordinating projects, planning events, and animating public spaces;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- Good knowledge of and ability to navigate different social media platforms;
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends.
A few other things that aren’t required but would make you a great fit:
- Interest in urban social justice, planning and environmental issues;
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.
Starting Salary: $43,000 – $45,000
Anticipated Start Date: October 2021
Park People is a great place to work:
- We offer a generous benefits package including health and dental benefits, annual cost of living increases and a pension plan.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We value flexibility and work life balance for our team members, offer generous vacation time, flexible work hours and remote working options.
- We offer opportunities to get involved in new areas and grow professionally with progressive career opportunities as Park People continues to grow.
- We provide time and funding to support education and training.
- We provide you with the chance to lead change and have an impact in communities across Canada.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to HR@parkpeople.ca, by September 27th, 2021, 5pm EDT. In the subject line of your email, please indicate “National City Park Network Project Coordinator”.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.