MEDIA STRATEGY LEAD (REVENUE)
POSITION CODE: 2021-058
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
This role will be responsible for leading the proposal development of custom content programs as well as custom content product strategy; including performance insights, media mix, best practices, proposal development and campaign oversight. The Media Strategy Lead will also be responsible for supporting the sales team in the growth and development of a number of assigned top priority accounts.
- Lead the proposal development for all custom content opportunities for the national sales team that fall outside of standardized package pricing
- Supporting sales in account planning and development opportunities for assigned top priority accounts
- Manage internal transition of sold program into execution with all internal stakeholder teams. This includes: downloading on all the campaign elements (internal kickoff call), mid-campaign optimization recommendations as required, upsell opportunities, updating any changes to blocking chart.
- Provide performance insights within the post-campaign report to create repeat business opportunities
- Collect and share campaign results with the sales floor to determine best practices
- Working closely with Sales teams to develop insightful client stories to improve sales results
Product Strategy – Content
- Packaging pro-active custom content opportunities identified by the category team and content studio.
- Crafting packages (optimizing existing and introducing new content and driver formats)
- Ongoing tracking of campaign metrics to establish benchmarks, best practices and case studies
- Support the development of product strategy, pricing and distribution model for The Globe’s various custom content products.
- Proposal development and pre-sales project management on custom content and large-scale partnership opportunities that leverage the Globe’s full suite of products and opportunities
- Ownership of custom content media plans, including liaising with ad ops, product and creative team on viability and inventory, as well as working closely with revenue management on pricing and program profitability
- Oversight on content campaign performance, including optimization recommendations, insights and opportunities that deliver on client KPIs at the mid and post-campaign period
- Developing benchmarks and case studies for custom content solutions, to support custom content sales and educate internal stakeholders
- Supporting the development of the product strategy, pricing and distribution model for The Globe’s various content solutions, with support from the Content Studio, revenue management and product team
- Creating proactive content packages/opportunities, in collaboration with the content studio and category managers
- Minimum 3+ years of experience within an agency, publisher or marketing role
- Experience in collaborating with various teams and skills sets
- A deep understanding and passion for branded content, digital marketing, and social media trends
- A deep understanding of media planning and buying, and selecting appropriate tactics that deliver on campaign KPIs
- Strong understanding of how to translate the business objectives of advertisers into custom solutions that can be provided by The Globe and Mail
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.