Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We always look for qualified internal applicants within our own team to support their development.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
etalk, Canada’s leading entertainment brand, is looking for a highly organized, passionate self-starter to oversee its editorial output across all digital channels. This role owns the creation, execution and maintenance of etalk’s digital content strategy, including site content development, digital video production and social media. Strong editorial and writing chops are a must, as is an obsession with all things entertainment and pop culture.
The ideal candidate is a trendsetter who will bring a fresh perspective to this well-covered ground and be able to turn big ideas into original, engaging, high-performing content that cuts through the Internet noise. They must demonstrate a proven ability to tell stories across multiple platforms and mediums: Be it a news article, a series of Instagram stories or a long-form video series, they know what story is best for which audience and how to craft it. They should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in a role that is equal parts creative, strategic, technical and collaborative.
- Shape the editorial direction of etalk’s digital programming to deliver on the brand’s overall mandate and revenue goals, as well as Bell Media’s strategic vision
- Develop a digital newsroom workflow to ensure etalk produces the best entertainment coverage in the most efficient and creative manner
- Prioritize and manage the production team’s editorial output across digital, social, video and other platforms
- Assign, edit and oversee all entertainment coverage on etalk.ca
- Ensure all digital content is timely, functional, accurate and embodies the voice and tone of etalk
- Manage a diverse team of freelance writers and content creators
- Supervise assigned production support team members
- Monitor content performance and optimize accordingly to ensure digital channels meet monthly targets
- 7-10 years of relevant editorial experience
- Degree or equivalent college diploma in journalism, communications, English or related fields
- Experience leading an editorial team; proven ability to coax out strong copy, launch ambitious, innovative digital packages and drive creativity
- Established stable of writers and multimedia contributors fluent in the entertainment space
- Strong understanding of native analytics tools across all major social media platforms as well as Omniture, CrowdTangle and Google Analytics
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment, with multiple stakeholders
- Positive, proactive and collaborative team player
- Available to periodically work outside of typical office hours