Manager, Industry Sales and Promotions
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home – TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We encourage you to reflect on the land that you are on, who the traditional keepers of the land are, what the treaty relationship is, or if it’s unceded territory. TIFF is located on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit and the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, the Wendat, and the Haudenosaunee. We are grateful to work on this land.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Manager, Industry Sales and Promotions
Reporting to the Senior Director, Industry and Theatrical, the Manager of Industry Sales and Promotions is accountable for managing relationships with film organizations looking to promote their content, talent, and initiatives at the 2021 Toronto International Film Festival. This position consists of, but is not limited to, advertising and stand sales, as well as private screenings and industry partnership opportunities.
- Develop revenue flows to meet promotional sales target
- Develop new sales opportunities for festival based on available inventory and digital platform capabilities
- Manage contractual negotiations with national promotional agencies, sales agents, distributors, film commissions, and trade publications.
- Sell advertising across all industry locations, including digital assets
- Manage Industry Selects and Private Screening initiatives from a sales, bookings and presentation perspective
- Liaise with internal teams to produce and deliver industry partner programming initiatives
- Build and track creative briefs for industry materials including guides, digital products and campaigns
- Manage and produce industry center build, in person or digital equivalent
- Track Festival film sales and business
- Onboard and manage seasonal direct reports
- Attend Festival production meetings
- Provide a detailed post mortem
CONTRACT DATES OR START DATE:
- May 31 to October 1, 2021
- 5 years experience managing staff and delegating responsibilities
- 5 years experience working with customer relations management systems both on-line and off-line
- 3 years experience negotiating sales contracts
- Knowledge of domestic and international distribution, sales activities, national promotional agency networks, funding practices, co-productions and international film festivals and markets
- Experience dealing with domestic and international clientele
- 3 years’ experience dealing directly with vendor and supplier relationship
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as one PDF, before the deadline of May 14, 2021
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time.TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to email@example.com.
TIFF is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. As such, we welcome and encourage applicants who identify as racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons across the spectrum of sexual orientation and gender identities.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation and/or assistance during the application process, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-599-8433 x2013. We strive to provide reasonable accommodations whenever requested.