Job ID 20324
ARE AND BE CARED FOR – THIS IS YOUR HOME
Are you a dynamic leader with lived experience related to Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Anti-Racism? Do you have the ability to collaborate, build partnerships and lead change with creative solutions? Are you passionate about exceptional health care and driven by a desire to help others?
If so, take a look at this rewarding career opportunity working alongside a supportive and collaborative team of over 8,000 regulated health care and other professionals. We are amid a momentous time for health care in Ontario as we move to a more connected health care system through the Ontario Health Teams model of care.
Home and Community Care Support Services is looking for an experienced leader in Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Anti-Racism. This position is responsible for implementing key strategic initiatives that support achievement of Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS) priorities as they relate to advancing an organizational culture that is inclusive as well as representative of the communities we serve.
What do we offer?
We know wellness is supported with work-life balance. In an inclusive culture committed to support your passion for continuous learning, growth and innovation, we offer:
- Attractive comprehensive compensation packages and benefits
- Valuable development opportunities
- Membership in a world-class defined benefit pension plan
- Flexible work location [this position can be located at any of the 14 Home and Community Care Support Services offices]
What will you do?
- Develop, operationalize and advance a multi-year strategy by identifying and addressing gaps and promoting the advancement of EIDAR, both internally (policies, processes and practices) and externally (involvement with health care partners)
- Consult with diverse internal and external partners to support a broad strategic vision for EIDAR for HCCSS
- Develop, promote, and collaborate on the provision of EIDAR education to elicit anti-racist and inclusive behaviours
- Guide the development and implementation of policies, procedures and/or guidelines on
matters related to EIDAR to improve internal processes, validating organizational commitment to EIDAR
- Provide consultation and coaching to leadership and staff at all levels on matters related to
- Develop and/or secure EIDAR resources for employee use internally and externally
- Monitor, assess, evaluate, and regularly report on activities and status associated with EIDAR
- Build/maintain relationships integral to quality health services in our local health care system
- Provide support to communities of inclusion
- Ensure diversity outcomes are reflected in our activities, including marketing materials, suppliers/vendors and community-facing efforts
What must you have?
- University degree in Human Resources, Equity Studies, Management or a related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and related professional and community experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience specializing in developing and implementing organizational strategies in the areas of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Member of under-served, or under-represented community(ies) with lived experience addressing complex equity, diversity and human rights issues.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated understanding of equity, accessibility, intersectionality, anti-racism, decolonization, inclusion, anti-oppression, provincial labour legislation, the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and their application in an organizational context.
- Sensitivity to, and awareness of, Indigenous, Black, racialized, gender, and disability-related issues and their intersection(s) with other identities, including socio-economic status, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior-level leadership in bringing about positive, meaningful and sustainable organizational change and producing measurable results.
- Discretion, judgement, and ability to deal with highly confidential information, sensitive issues, and emotional situations.
- Experience in project management, change management, and strategic communication.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic initiatives with supporting tactics.
- We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination status prior to start date.
What would give you the edge?
- Completion of a Human Resources Certification (CHRP) or equivalent, an asset.
- Fluency in languages other than English, an asset.
- Strong awareness and understanding of diverse and under-represented populations.
- Advanced-level knowledge of anti-racism, anti-oppression, equity, inclusion and diversity.
- Experience with culturally responsive facilitation techniques and processes, including developing and facilitating complex meetings involving diverse partners, with strong ability to hold difficult conversations with members in and outside of diverse groups.
- Ability to use and interpret data from multiple sources to generate reports appropriate to a variety of audiences and to guide evidence-based decisions.
- Strong technical abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Who are we?
We are Home and Community Care Support Services, ready to serve every person in Ontario. We partner with patients and caregivers, family physicians, hospitals, long-term care and retirement homes, service providers and Ontario Health Teams, to deliver responsive, accessible, integrated, patient-centred care.
Why join us?
If you’re interested in driving excellence in care and service delivery, and seeking an unparalleled opportunity to lead and learn, partner and connect, care and be cared for, this is your home.
Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Anti-Racism Commitment
Home and Community Care Support Services is committed to a culture of equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism. We are committed to attracting, engaging and developing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, by visiting Home and Community Care Support Services South East – Manager, Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Anti-Racism (njoyn.com). The Home and Community Care Support Services invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Home and Community Care Support Services South East is an equal opportunity employer. La version française de cette annonce est disponible sur demande.
Home and Community Care Support Services values the health and safety of its employees and is committed to the prevention of COVID-19 exposure and transmission of infection to employees, patients, caregivers, volunteers, visitors and residents. As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date.