Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-paced newsroom and help inform Canadians across the country?
CTV News Channel is leading the charge when it comes to breaking news and informing Canadians about what matters to them.
We pride ourselves on being fast and accurate when it comes to bringing Canadians the top stories throughout the day.
CTV News Channel is looking for an experienced Lineup Editor to guide a dynamic team of writers and work alongside our producers and anchors.
The successful candidate has excellent news judgement, and the highest standards.
If you are the kind of leader who knows the news and has fresh ideas with the ability to multi-task then contact us.
Position: Line-Up Editor/Writer – CTV News Channel
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. Shift will include weekends.
- Create and line-up newscasts for CTV News Channel
- Find the latest images and news stories
- Write engaging and entertaining news stories, bumpers and teasers for newscasts
- Supervise team of news writers
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience in several roles at a national news organization
- Superior news judgement
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Proven production skills
- Experience managing staff
- Ability to thrive in a stressful environment
- Ability to work in a team, motivate staff and personally set the highest professional journalism standards
- Computer skills – i-news experience is an asset
- Control room experience and a broadcast or journalism degree are a definite asset