Fresh recognizes that our kitchen staff are an integral part of our team. Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, a Line Cook would be preparing and assembling all of our signature dishes in our busy restaurants for dine-in, take-out, and delivery orders. Assigned to specific stations, Line Cooks work together to ensure guests are satisfied by providing their meal quickly and completing quality control. The ideal candidate would be a team player who can communicate clearly while working in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail.
We operate 7 days a week between the hours of 8:00 AM – 12:00 AM, there is flexibility within the schedules, but all staff must be available to work weekends. All shifts are about 6-9 hours.
What Are We Looking For?
- Open and flexible availability, including evenings and weekends
- Able to complete physically demanding tasks – standing for long periods, lifting 50lbs, bending and reaching, etc.
- Comfortable with handling a knife, with food preparation equipment, and around heat
- Experience working in a restaurant, catering, or a food service chain
What’s In It For You?
Fresh Restaurants values resilience, accountability, and inclusivity. Our culture of trust allows our employees to find satisfaction in working hard as a fun, diverse team. With ample room to grow, other employees in the Line Cook position have moved into other roles such as Assistant Kitchen Manager and Production Cook. Employees are motivated by the positive brand and continuous career growth. We offer:
- $15.25 per hour + a % of tips
- Paid breaks
- Option to join healthcare benefits after 3 months and working 25 hours per week
- While working – Free coffee and tea, 1 free food menu item, and discounts on menu and retail items
- While not working – 20% off menu items for up to 6 people at all Fresh Restaurant locations (excluding alcohol, desserts and retail items)
- Discounts at local retailers and more!
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepares produce quickly without sacrificing quality
- Provides customer satisfaction by cooking and assembling dishes
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station as you go
- Adheres to outlined healthy and safety procedures
- Ensures a smooth service by avoiding prep shortages
- Memorizes menu items and ingredients to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Communicates openly with management about concerns regarding workflow and equipment
Since our launch almost 30 years ago, we’ve made it our mission to prove that a plant-powered diet can be satisfying, energizing and undeniably delicious. We craft award-winning fresh food and juices you can feel good about. The kind that brings positive energy to carry you through the rest of your day. That’s the Fresh feeling, and it’s something you’ll never stop craving.
With the knowledge and resilience that comes from a legacy stretching back almost 3 decades, Fresh is embracing the realities of the restaurant business in 2021. We’ve specifically tailored the Fresh experience for life with COVID-19, putting a stronger focus on takeout and delivery but also standing poised to integrate full-service dining as soon as permitted. We believe there should be no sacrifice of experience just because you’re picking up or getting delivery and not dining in.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fresh strives to further challenge and disrupt the status quo to become a champion of diversity, inclusion, equity and anti-oppression. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and work environments. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We are pleased to provide accommodations at any point to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable application process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.