The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Developer to join our Information Technology team. As Lead Developer, you will be responsible for leading and contributing to design, development and maintenance of applications. The Lead Developer will provide technical insights regarding software integration and interoperability that support OCS growth. Additionally, Lead Developer will guide a team of developers to ensure that system uptime is maintained, perform upgrades to OCS systems, troubleshoot and maintain overall system stability.
About Your Day
- Design and build software that further support the OCS business objectives
- Translate customer requirements into technical specifications and design
- Lead projects and/or teams while providing advice on technological issues that affect development, implementation, integration or maintenance on D365 implementations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver on OCS initiatives
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical resources
- Develop and continuously update SDLC processes and procedures as required
- Lead others on software development best practices
- Seek out new ideas, identify key trends, and explore new technologies that aim to improve development need
- Completed Post-Secondary education in computer science, IT or related areas OR equivalent combination of experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Lead Developer and with MS Dynamics AX / D365 Finance & Operations
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and projects engaged in design, development, implementation, integration, maintenance and support of IT applications
- Strong proficiency in .NET, C++ and C#
- Strong experience with SQL Server and Azure
- Experience with extensions in Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
- Knowledge of functional capabilities of Warehouse & Logistics, Production, Inventory Management, costing and retail would be a strong asset
- Experience working in retail / CPG would be a strong asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong attention to detail
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Required Travel: Yes, within the GTA
- Application Deadline: November 26, 2020
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.