We’re on the hunt for confident individuals with a can-do attitude who want to be a part of a fast-paced, work-hard, start-up environment. At HiMama we celebrate wins, make positive change in the world, and have fun with friends all at the same time, every day. And as a Junior Customer Support Specialist, you will be working directly to empower Early Childhood Educators and influence learning outcomes for children aged zero to five.
Customer Success at HiMama
The CS Team
CS at HiMama is a close-knit team of busy bodies who are driven to find a way to make every customer successful, so help us! This includes influencing product and marketing decisions, problem solving, and a whole lot of persuasion. Every day is a new challenge and every team member has a lot of responsibility, but we work closely together to ensure everyone is kicking butt in their role.
The Junior Customer Support Specialist
You should enjoy interacting with customers over the phone and helping people solve problems and resolve issues should be a passion. The Junior Support Specialist role will focus on providing support to our customers via email, phone and chat. They will be responsible for exemplifying amazing customer service. Given the nature of our fast-paced environment you will also be helping out in other aspects of the CS team. That’s why it’s important that taking charge to direct and help be a favorite past time of yours! And you should be excited by a busy schedule and seat-of-your-pants challenges. HiMama is also a social enterprise and we’re looking for good people who are motivated to make a difference in the world; by working with us you will personally be improving outcomes for millions of children in Canada, the U.S. and abroad. Applicants should be comfortable working shifts between 7AM and 9PM EST out of our Toronto office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Resolving support inquiries from customers via chat, email and phone
- Helping identify trends in customer issues and requests, as well as reporting bugs to Engineering
- Working with product to ensure we are making decisions in the best interest of our users
- Finding ways to improve process and reduce customer pain points
- Recommending and implementing improvements to process to improve efficiency and customer outcomes
- Ensuring the customer has an amazing HiMama experience!
What We’re Looking For (Skills)
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Compassionate and patient demeanour with confidence and assertion to get things done
- Active listening and problem solving skills
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and speak to people
- Ability to build relationships and connect with people quickly
- Organized and able to manage a large volume of tasks independently
- Confidence to manage difficult situations and conversations
- Tech savvy with the ability to navigate apps and software
What We’re Looking For (Interests)
- Desire to make people successful and connect with people
- Propensity to always want to learn and improve
- Passionate about a career that is more than a “job”
- Ambition to work hard in order to make an impact in the world
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent work experience)
- 0-2 years of full-time experience
HiMama is improving learning outcomes for children aged zero to five. We are a social purpose business that connects families with the early childhood professionals who serve them. Thousands of child care professionals use HiMama to share learning and development updates to families. Special moments are shared across the globe every second. HiMama is based in Toronto, Canada.
Convinced you’ll be able to make an impact? We’d love to hear from you.