Job ID 22042
The Globe and Mail is a national icon and Canada’s most recognized media brand.
We’re also an international award winner for data visualization, design, and creative storytelling. A digital innovator with a global client list for our in-house AI-powered optimization, prediction and automation platform. And a place where Canadians come for the best journalism in the country.
We aim to reflect Canada in the stories we tell and in our workforce. The Globe is a proud partner of Pride At Work, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, and a signatory of the BlackNorth Initiative. We understand our staff have lives outside of the office and offer flexible work arrangements and support programs. We also provide training and mentorships to staff to ensure you’re able to grow and challenge yourself and your abilities.
No matter what your role at The Globe, you’ll be part of an organization dedicated to making a difference to Canada.
The IT Support Analyst will provide technical and troubleshooting assistance to employees across the organization, as well as escalate and assist with complex incidents and projects involving advanced-level IT teams. This role supports users and their endpoint devices, smartphone and collaboration services and associated systems (i.e. Lenovo, Mac OS, Cisco Webex (VoIP), VPN, Microsoft products and other corporate application access).
- Actively monitor and manage the service desk support request queue.
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis and resolve a variety of hardware/software issues/requests related to computers, smartphones, printers, VPN connections, user accounts, email accounts, application functionality, wireless devices and access, permissions to file directories, etc.
- Escalate complex incidents to the relevant IT support team along with the details of the issue and root cause analysis already performed.
- Responsible for configuring, programming, and providing training on all endpoint devices such as cellular phones and laptops. Liaise with multiple wireless vendors, coordinate warranty/repairs and replacements, upgrade and eligibility checks, ESN/SIM programming and troubleshoot problematic devices.
- Maintain clear and concise records of user issues using the ticketing system.Analyze and evaluate support reports and make recommendations to reduce potential calls to the Service Desk.
- Perform physical facility-based moves, adds, and changes (MACs), as needed.
- Maintain documentation of inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses, FAQ and How To help documents for common issues.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Plan and participate in appropriate change management activities such as system testing and updates.
- Adhere to and support Corporate and IT standards, policies and procedures.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience with Windows PCs, Apple Macs AND Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (Groups, Policies, Security, etc.).
- Knowledge of Intune, JAMF, SCCM, Jira (or other ITSM products).
- Experience with Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Knowledge of computing and computer systems, hardware, software, peripheral equipment.
- Experience with Cisco VoIP telephony and Cisco Webex AV collaboration support and administration.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
WHY CHOOSE THE GLOBE:
The Globe’s mission is to deliver essential content – news, information, analysis and insights – for aspiring individuals and strong communities. The Globe is committed to providing a respectful and inclusive workplace that upholds our values of integrity, collaboration, innovation and accountability.
As Canada’s most respected media brand The Globe is dedicated to making a difference to Canada and you can make a difference by working with us.
- Competitive compensation to ensure we hire, retain and reward team members
- Hybrid work environment that promotes work-life balance
- Generous vacation and flexible work arrangements
- Parental leave top-up
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Home office reimbursement program
- Annual wellness subsidy
- On-site chiropractor and registered massage therapist
- Employee and family assistance program
- Free digital subscription to globeandmail.com and 40% off other Globe products
- Education assistance for external training courses
SUPPORTING YOUR GROWTH:
- We are committed to creating equitable opportunities for all employees, to enable everyone to reach their full potential. This commitment is embedded in our strategic plan and core values.
- There are lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers.
- We believe in mentorship and collaborative peer-to-peer learning and have both formal and informal programs in place to encourage knowledge-sharing.
- We support continuing education and provide both internal and external opportunities for training and development.
All offers of employment with The Globe and Mail are conditional upon the candidate being Fully Vaccinated. To be Fully Vaccinated is defined as someone who has received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (currently Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) and has received the last dose at least 14 days prior to their start date. To prove they are Fully Vaccinated, all new hires will be required to provide evidence by emailing a copy of their vaccine dose administration receipt(s) to Human Resources prior to their start date. Those seeking exemption based on one or more of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code will need to provide their request for accommodation to Human Resources for approval. If the accommodation request is not approved and the candidate is not Fully Vaccinated, any offer of employment will be revoked.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.